Looking for my half laptop

Spidermini

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
Hello there! I am a bit overwhelmed by all the options and different specs, so I'd really appreciate som guidance about what I need.

After 5 intense years my Asus K52jr is getting old and I'm looking for a good replacement. I would use it several hours each day for work (journalism) and general use, with frequent multitasking, so I'm willing to invest on a potent good susbtitute.

Thank you for your time!

1. What is your budget?
<1000 $
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
At least 15,6
3. What screen resolution do you want?
No idea. I don't care about a touch screen.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
More like desktop replacement. It generally wouldn't leave the house but I need to travel with it. So weight is not a priority.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not the most important thing.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
Moderate, but not with very high specs. Maybe something like Castle Crashers, Trine, Half Life...
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Able to have lots of tabs, multitasking, easy to write in... Windows
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 GB at least.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For several years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
No need for it.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
Spain

Thank you for your time!

Sandstorm3000

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Might wanna check out the Lenovo Y50-70. The problem is i don't know what it costs in your country. If it is too expensive ill give you another suggestion (or if you don't like the design). But for that price you can expect the following:

An i7 4th or 5th gen CPU. (Preferably 4 cores with hyperthreading, that make it 8 virtual cores.)
Atleast an nvidia GT940 as videochip, preferably a GTX950 or even 960.
1TB of HDD storage, or maybe even a small SSD (128GB)
15,6 inch or 17,3 inch 1080p display. (1920x1080)
And 8GB RAM or more.

If the PC has these or similar specs, and is from a good brand, than you should buy it.