Looking for new headphones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boopidoop

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
Heyo,

For the past year or two, I've been through 2 pairs of Tritton AX-180's (one white, one black), and both had the same untimely fate of the right ear connecty plastic bit wearing down, and eventually snapping. (Yes I'm careful with them I just have a large square head)

Now that my second pair died a week ago I've been looking around for a new pair, but it's become quickly apparent that I know nothing about headphones. So seeing as this site's helped me a lot with computers and junk, I browsed the forums but none of the threads really helped. So I thought I'd list what I'm looking for, and see if anyone knows any headphones/sets that'd meet my specs

Also price is no object in this, but I'd prefer to buy cheaper ones, not like turtlebeach or anything stupidly priced

Anyhoo, here's what I'm looking for:
Good sound quality
Preferably good bass too
No mic necessary, my blue snowball's doing fine
Comfortable
Reliable
Wired, can't stand wireless
More of a preference, but a good looking design would be nice. Similar to the AX-180's would be great

As I said before, I don't know much about headphones so I'm not sure if everything I'm looking for is possible/expensive

Solution
you couldn't find any posts relevant? i post on audio every day.

while not the best in sound quality (they are decent) the vmodas mentioned above are mostly metal so are pretty robust.
sennheiser hd518/558/598 are good all rounders
dt770 is bassy
you couldn't find any posts relevant? i post on audio every day.

while not the best in sound quality (they are decent) the vmodas mentioned above are mostly metal so are pretty robust.
sennheiser hd518/558/598 are good all rounders
dt770 is bassy

Solution

ralbert57

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
I HIGHLY recommend the Audio Technica headphones. Whether it be their gaming lineup or their studio monitoring line. I bought a pair of ATH-M50x headphones and fell in love. From an audiophiles perspective, they are easily the best sounding pair of cans i have ever worn. I originally bought them for sound recording but use them for everything from watching movies to gaming. They won't break the bank either. I got mine for $110 US. I know they use the same driver in almost every type of headphones just tuned to fit the need of what you're using it for. EX.) gaming headphones will tend to be a bit more bass heavy while studios will have unmatched balance. Just my weigh in. Good luck on your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.