Looking for Receiver

sgarg12

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I have just moved into a new house. 4 rooms downstairs (only) have inbuilt wired speakers. What receiver should i get so that I may hook up these wired speakers and also have speakers in each of the 3 bedrooms upstairs connected by wifi to the receiver. Would it be possible to have different music play in different rooms? Thanks...

Solution
If you want different music each area would have to be a separate zone so it sounds like you need a receiver with powered main and 2nd zone and a 3rd zone unpowered line level out for a wifi transmitter for the upstairs speakers.
A better solution would be to use Sonos. Much more straight forward to operate, Great free easy to use control apps for ios, android, kindle or computers. Works with almost all streaming services and plays any music files on the network.
You could use a combination of ConnectAmps and Play speakers to set up the house audio. Might be a bit more price wise but people pull Crestron systems out of mansions and replace it with Sonos for a reason. It works and works well.
If you want different music each area would have to be a separate zone so it sounds like you need a receiver with powered main and 2nd zone and a 3rd zone unpowered line level out for a wifi transmitter for the upstairs speakers.
A better solution would be to use Sonos. Much more straight forward to operate, Great free easy to use control apps for ios, android, kindle or computers. Works with almost all streaming services and plays any music files on the network.
You could use a combination of ConnectAmps and Play speakers to set up the house audio. Might be a bit more price wise but people pull Crestron systems out of mansions and replace it with Sonos for a reason. It works and works well.

Solution