looking to connect a tcl-roku tv to a jvc dvd/vcr combo

Tony_130

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
the jvc vcr/dvd combo is a hr-xvc33u
the roku tv is a 32s3800

i need to know what connections i need to record over the air tv.. the cable that goes from the cable company into the tv allows for over the air reception thanks

Solution
If your cable service is analog then you can split the coax cable and connect one end to the recorder and the other to the TV antenna input. Set the recorder to cable rather than air and see what channels you get. For playback you would connect the AV outputs to the TV
If it's digital cable then you would have to have a cable box with AV outputs to connect the recorder. It doesn't have a digital tuner for cable or over the air.
TVs don't have video outputs so you can record the tuner or roku apps that are internal to the TV.

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Looks like you'd go coax into the vcr then yellow/red/white RCA cables from there into the TV. Think the picture will not be very good since composite video is 480i and your tv is 720p. Also not sure if your vcr can tune the ota channels. Good luck!

If your cable service is analog then you can split the coax cable and connect one end to the recorder and the other to the TV antenna input. Set the recorder to cable rather than air and see what channels you get. For playback you would connect the AV outputs to the TV
If it's digital cable then you would have to have a cable box with AV outputs to connect the recorder. It doesn't have a digital tuner for cable or over the air.
TVs don't have video outputs so you can record the tuner or roku apps that are internal to the TV.

Solution