Solved! looking to edit away from my PC but how?

Modern Mo

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I have a brand new PC and I'm making some arma 3 videos but I'm having the issue where I never wanna record when I'm home. Is there a way that I could edit the video away from my PC with my laptop? (It's a Asus chrome book) all I'm looking for is a program or something that would allow me to stream the video and edit or remote live edit on my PC that is fast enough and good quality.

Solution
Put it like this. I work in a Dell building where I remote into users computers daily. We used fiber optic connections, which is pretty fast. I still have a lag issue. So with trying to edit a video (especially editing that time line) is going to be fast.

CunningFool

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I don't know if it would work since he mentioned it in passing, but I have a friend who takes a lightweight netbook to school but from there runs all intensive stuff on his home computer via TeamViewer.

USAFRet

Illustrious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Modern Mo : "Cheap video editing laptop?"

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Trying to edit it remotely is not going to be fast. For one, BOTH connections must be FAST enough with a decent ping (less than 10ms). Also, unless you will have 1:1 sessions, there will be a lag, and it will get frustrating. Why not just get get a USB 3.0 hard drive, and transport the video?

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
a chromebook usually has a very weak cpu, it runs a linux distribution customized that usually doesn't have access to any video editing tool apart from the tools offered to run inside google chrome web browser

it should be better to get a cheap gaming laptop or a workstation type laptop with a 4 cores cpu to do the video edition

Modern Mo

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I currently use teamviewer for misc things but as a fact it is SLOW and I don't have too much $$$ for a laptop too....anything on the merged question above???

USAFRet

Illustrious

Editing video remotely will be slow, no matter what connection you use. TeamViewer or otherwise.
You're trying to pump a LOT of data up and down.

Modern Mo

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016

I was guessing that would be found but What about a cheap laptop for video editing onboard

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Put it like this. I work in a Dell building where I remote into users computers daily. We used fiber optic connections, which is pretty fast. I still have a lag issue. So with trying to edit a video (especially editing that time line) is going to be fast.

Solution