Solved! Looking to run sony vegas.

fabian9931

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I currently have a laptop. Gateway NV53 (5332u) looking to run sony vegas pro 10... I have it right now and i run it but doesnt run as it should. for example the preview video when editing doesnt run smoothly, runs laggy and jerky. I have done things under the sony vegas forums to make sony run better as in close all programs and anti viruses. I even opened the task manager and under process i change sony vegas to high priority instead of normal. I even went with restoring my laptop to its default setting as far as cleaning everything and starting as if was just purchased and still laggy on the preview. This is what im running:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name FABIAN-PC
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model NV53
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.04, 10/22/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Fabian-PC\Fabian
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.56 GB
Total Virtual Memory 5.49 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.88 GB

What do i need to run such a heavy program? My processor is upgradable, and so is my memory but when sony is running im only running at 1.6 gb of memory. any ideas? im a newbie to computer terms so i would need some easy explanations. thanks.

Solution
What kind of GPU does it have? If the CPU is any indication, chances are that it is lacking in the necessary hardware to run the above-mentioned program smoothly. Your best bet is to save your money and buy a new laptop- particularly something Intel based with a dedicated GPU. As far as upgrading goes, I don't think it would help much, especially since it is an AMD CPU, i.e. you're not going to get anything much better. Not to mention replacing a CPU can be a crap shoot in laptops, i.e. getting the right TDP, right socket, etc...
What kind of GPU does it have? If the CPU is any indication, chances are that it is lacking in the necessary hardware to run the above-mentioned program smoothly. Your best bet is to save your money and buy a new laptop- particularly something Intel based with a dedicated GPU. As far as upgrading goes, I don't think it would help much, especially since it is an AMD CPU, i.e. you're not going to get anything much better. Not to mention replacing a CPU can be a crap shoot in laptops, i.e. getting the right TDP, right socket, etc...

Solution