looking to sell Dell Inspiron 15R

sydneywerle

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Thinking of selling my Dell Inspiron 15r 5520. Under a year old and everything in is perfect working condition! Equipped with extra switch-lid and Microsoft Premium 2012 package. What would a fair price be?

Solution
Ohh lol well thats cool. You got some nice relatives. I wouldn't say no if someone comes back at you with $350 but you should start asking around $400 or $425. Doesn't hurt to get talked down a little. Again you may want to list it on here, or ebay or kraigslist may be a good idea.

Would appreciate best solution :p

IInuyasha74

Honorable
What was the price you paid right off? I don't know what it cost new. Based on that it has an Ivy Bridge i5 processor, only Intel HD 4000 graphics, 6GB of ram, you may get luck to have someone go $400-425 on it.
You can buy a new system for $475 with similar hardware and a lot of people will pick to do that instead.
Try the Deals forum on here, you may get a buyer.

sydneywerle

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

I paid $600 brand new last October from dell.ca.

IInuyasha74

Honorable

You will still be lucky to get $400 honestly. Since then Haswell has came out. Ivy bridge is way down in laptops because of it, and a new one with similar hardware is only $475. Honestly at that I would think you over paid more than a little. Plus this things tend to be like cards and the second you take out of the store it drops half its value. If you hadn't got one with an i5 you would be lucky to get $300.

sydneywerle

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

Well I was expecting to get $300 at very best so I'm not too disappointed! It was a gift, however I am being given a new one by a relative that has some better specs than the one I own now, so I decided I should give it up. Thank you so much!

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Ohh lol well thats cool. You got some nice relatives. I wouldn't say no if someone comes back at you with $350 but you should start asking around $400 or $425. Doesn't hurt to get talked down a little. Again you may want to list it on here, or ebay or kraigslist may be a good idea.

Would appreciate best solution :p

Solution