Losing Chrome connection

Linda_500

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I just purchased an HP with Windows 10. I didn't want to use Explorer so we downloaded Google chrome which I also used on my older HP Windows 7. Had no problems what so ever. On my new one I continuously lose connection with Google....window popping up saying no internet connection. But I am connected to the internet....just not Google. Also my grandson then installed that Malware thing thinking it might help...and I didn't know til after the fact I have Frontier security & didn't need it. I got a pop-up on that a few days ago saying it is blocked because it isn't compatible with windows 10. We tried to uninstall it because I didn't want it anyway.....well we tried everything and can't find a way to uninstall it. If anyone has suggestions I would certainly appreciate it. :??:

Solution
Go to "Control Panel" and then "Programs and Features". Locate the program in the list there, right click on it and then click "Uninstall".

If that doesn't work. Try doing a "System Restore" on the computer to a date prior to the installation of the software your grandson installed.

In regard to the Internet issue, it may not be the browser. It could be your ISP or your modem.

Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select...
Go to "Control Panel" and then "Programs and Features". Locate the program in the list there, right click on it and then click "Uninstall".

If that doesn't work. Try doing a "System Restore" on the computer to a date prior to the installation of the software your grandson installed.

In regard to the Internet issue, it may not be the browser. It could be your ISP or your modem.

Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Solution