Solved! Losing internet connection only when in browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2021
Hello. I am using a wired connection to my router. Recently my internet started going down while in chrome browser. My internet works great on every other device. It also works just fine when using my PC if I'm not in a browser. For example. I play online games on my PC and never lose connection the whole time I am playing, but if i load into a browser it goes in and out around every five minutes. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Update: I tried a few other browsers other than chrome, and they also lose connection every few minutes. But like I said, it works flawlessly when I am playing online games.

Solution
Hey there,

I believe this issue could be caused due to a malware. Thankfully, Chrome has an in-house feature to check for harmful software affecting it's functionality.

First, try resetting Google Chrome to the factory defaults. Click on the Main Menu > Settings. Click on Advanced to see the hidden settings. Scroll down to the bottom and look for "Restore settings to their original defaults". Chrome will prompt you to confirm your action, click on "Reset Settings" to confirm.

If the problem continues to persist, use the "Clean Up Computer" option in Google Chrome's settings just underneath the "Reset Settings" option. In the subsequent screen, click on "Find" to begin scanning.
Apr 6, 2021
Hey there,

I believe this issue could be caused due to a malware. Thankfully, Chrome has an in-house feature to check for harmful software affecting it's functionality.

First, try resetting Google Chrome to the factory defaults. Click on the Main Menu > Settings. Click on Advanced to see the hidden settings. Scroll down to the bottom and look for "Restore settings to their original defaults". Chrome will prompt you to confirm your action, click on "Reset Settings" to confirm.

If the problem continues to persist, use the "Clean Up Computer" option in Google Chrome's settings just underneath the "Reset Settings" option. In the subsequent screen, click on "Find" to begin scanning.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.