Solved! Losing Sanity

bgettel

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2013
Hello All,

Long story so will try to keep it succinct.

BLU Vivo XI Phone, Unlocked
Verizon Wireless
Phone will show 3 - 5 bars of signal strength
At times the LTE/4G icon will disappear

I'll be in the middle of a text exchange, and suddenly the phone will not send a text unless I reboot (sometimes more than once). Sometimes I'll keep receiving texts but cannot send any without a reboot.

Upon reboot, the unsent text will still be sitting there. I tap to resend, no go. But if I send a different text to the same person, it gets through just fine.

Other times I can send texts to certain numbers but not other numbers - as if the network the person I am texting makes a difference. Tonight for a while I could text anyone that wasn't on Sprint / Boost UNTIL I REBOOTED.

Sometimes everything works JUST FINE until I try to text a photo or a screenshot - then everything stops working until I reboot.

Before AND after I reboot, I check the SIM status and it says the cellular network is disconnected. Even when texts go through.

It's a lower-end phone, sure, but this is beyond bizarre. Why? Because I had a decent Moto phone before, and it behaved similarly. Now for the interesting part.

Until about 12-18 months ago, Verizon did not have a presence in my town. They used a partner (I think U.S. Cellular) and everything worked as it should and coverage was reliable. THEN a couple Verizon stores showed up for the first time ever. According to the salesperson, VZW bought U.S. Cellular's infrastructure in my area, which meant Verizon could start opening stores.

And that's about the time all this weird crap started happening with my phones.

Anyone have any clue as to what's going on or who I need to talk to at Verizon to get the straight scoop?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long read.

BG

Solution
maybe your sim card is faulty

did you try only getting the phone into airplane mode instead of rebooting and then exiting airplane mode after 5 seconds?

Did you select "only use LTE/4G" in the phone? set it to chose automatically between 3G and 4G

maybe data roaming has to be enabled if us cellular and verizon wireless got together

did you try only getting the phone into airplane mode instead of rebooting and then exiting airplane mode after 5 seconds?

Did you select "only use LTE/4G" in the phone? set it to chose automatically between 3G and 4G

maybe data roaming has to be enabled if us cellular and verizon wireless got together

Reactions: bgettel
Solution

bgettel

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for your response! I have tried airplane mode many times to no avail. I'll dig into your other suggestions and report back.

Thanks again!