Solved! LOUD GRINDING NOISE, SAYS FATAL HARD DRIVE FAILURE *HELP ME !!!*

spankmemontypls

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
MY ACER ASPIRE 5050 HAS THIS HORRIBLE GRINDING NOISE, IT POWERS UP BUT NOT TO THE WINDOWS JUST TO BLACK SCREEN WITH 'FATAL DISK ERROR, HARD DRIVE FAILURE" .... MY LAPTOP STARTED OUT WITH THIS OVERHEATING I GUESS AND IT FREEZES UP EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT THEN IT JUST WENT MENTAL ON ME ! CANT AFFORD TO LOSE IRREPLACEABLE PERSONAL STUFF ON COMPUTER WHAT DO I DO AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT ?!

Solution
First you can shut off caps lock, it honestly makes you sound like an idiot. No offense.

Obviously, your hard disk is damaged. You'll have to replace it to get the machine working normally again, but the disk you have is probably done for. You can attempt to plug it into another machine or use an external interface to save your documents - but it's most likely that your documents and such are un-retrievable unless you've got a pretty big bankroll.

frozenlead

Distinguished
First you can shut off caps lock, it honestly makes you sound like an idiot. No offense.

Obviously, your hard disk is damaged. You'll have to replace it to get the machine working normally again, but the disk you have is probably done for. You can attempt to plug it into another machine or use an external interface to save your documents - but it's most likely that your documents and such are un-retrievable unless you've got a pretty big bankroll.

Solution

fgocards

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Yeah, my laptop drive did this when it failed. Sorry but your files are gone, you can't get them back.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=380&name=Laptop-Hard-Drives --- Place to get a new hard drive.

Replacing a hard drive is easy cake. Just remove the tray which usually just contains two screws. Take the broken one out, put the new one in, and presto! I agree with frozen though, please lay off the caps... We check posts, and yours didn't stand out anymore than the other just because you had caps... It was just annoying to read. :whistle: