Louder in left ear then right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantomking8

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Okay my old pair of headphones finally broke so I bought a new pair today and ive tested it many times and its louder in the left ear then right and for the love of me I can not seem to figure out why, I know its has nothing to do with the headphones seeing as i have tried it with 2 different pairs of the same ones. Any help is appreciated and sorry if this is in a wrong section.

Phantomking8

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Okay now ive tried it with 3 different speakers and 4 different headphones, same problem. You think this could be a problem with the sound card? maybe a bad speaker jack in the back of the computer? any help is appreciated

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Again, check the balance settings from the control panel, and make sure the volume is balanced between the two speakers. Adjust it so the volume is balanced properly.

Dean Earls

Honorable
May 19, 2013
Any ever figure this out.. seems to be happening with a lot of audio stuff these days. Always louder in the left in the low end/

MathieuLoco

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
I've had G430 Logitech headphones for about 2 years now and I recently have a problem with the left earphone being louder, I can fix it temporarly by having a big sound playing in the head set or shouting in the mic it gets pretty annoying when I am trying to relax and listen to music

PacOManiac

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015
It might be the inside of the earbuds. Sometimes an earbud's meshing can be indented. Which means the meshing on the earbud is push inwards, touching the cone, which is bouncing back a majority of the sound produced; resulting in a lower sound. Use something with a very small point,(ie. Swiss Army Knife, Fine Tweezers) to try and pull the meshing out. You can tell if it's indented by using a bright light to examine the meshing. Hope this helps. :)

Elmadus

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015
Well i have earbuds and they we're dirty from inside. So i celaned them up a little and the problem was fixed. Hope this helped someone

01Chris02

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014

I'd just like to say thanks because this was the exact cause of my problem!

After a good clean a few months ago on my 3 year old skullcandy earbuds the left earbud was approximately 2.5x quieter than the right, I put it down to wear and tear - after all I usually go through earphones at least once a year. When I took them apart tonight I managed to run a sharp knife around the circumference of the mesh and removed a fair amount of wax (ew) and (presumably) some glue as well. I then plucked the centre very gently and I could instantly hear the music pick up again!

Thanks for saving me a fortune anyway! :)

Dreamcaster287

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

Having a problem with my ears in which they produce WAY too much wax, this is a common occurrence for me. I've found its usually down to an excess build up of earwax on the actual mesh of the earphone, get a cotton wool bud if (or "q tip" as you might know it) and run it around the mesh. Do this if you don't feel like taking the phones apart!

BryDesu

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
i had the same issue with my beyerdynamics dt770

if you believe its your headphones and not your audio systems (I tried my sound card, Iphone and Gameboy same issue with all three, my left ear was louder than my right)

I Took apart the headphone and re-soldered the two wires that connect to the speaker on the right side and my headphones began working fine

hope this helps

Hey Now

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
My Beats Studio 2.0 wired headphones had a "muted" sounding left speaker and the right was loud and clear. After taking the left side apart all the wires look good. However there is a little round connected magnet that I pushed into the whole a little more and that did the trick! Fixed and simple.

cool123456789chris

Commendable
May 28, 2016
My computer does the same thing. I noticed where you plug in your earphone, part of it pops out. It doesn't go in completely. I am not sure what type of earphone can fit in my pc. This might be the problem that you guys are having too :). Hope this might help

cool123456789chris

Commendable
May 28, 2016
I FOUND MY SOLUTION :) The earphone was a little poped out. You just have to push it in harder, you will hear a small click when It goes in. Hope this can help you :)

alldayubum

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
I had the same problem with the dr dre ear buds,, i think dr dre has a problem making these and people dont relize the real reason ,, not say you have the dr dre buds but what you do you take the ear plug off and when u looks at the tip of the bud your going to see a mesh film ,, theres a good chance that little mesh might be sticky or gluey blocking the noise so you take a toothpick and carefully take it out and you place the sticky film in a glass of water with alittle dishwashing soap let it sit then u try to clean the excess glue with ur toothpick on the tip of the ear bud and you take the film out of the water dry it and clean it and place the little circle mesh film back in the ear bud and then put the ear plug back on and you should get the full sound back ,,, they put to much glue holding that little mesh film in and over time it coats it and blocks the sound ,, prob brcause of the vibrations of the music,,, hope ur listening dr dre if u are i saved you hundreds of thousands ,, big poppa p

Szansa

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Go to the sound icon on the bottom right of your screen. Right click "playback device" double click on the device that you are using. It should say balance and just make the levels 50/50. Hope this helped!

Marius_18

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

Mate, you're a life saver! THANK YOU! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.