ImZakP

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I have an ASUS notebook, you can find all the specs here http://, I recently reinstalled windows and I cannot seem to get above 10 fps I've set the 840m as the main card to go from and also set it as the only one with no progress I've downloaded every update I could find through windows update and all the drivers from the ASUS website with no avail I've also set my minimum and maximum processor rate in power options with no luck, does anyone have any ideas of what my issue could be?

ImZakP

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

yes it did and my original hard drive became inactive so I replaced the HDD with a Toshiba HDD it worked fine when installed in my desktop no performance loss or any major issues until I tried using it for my laptop

So it was installed to a desktop first. Was the reinstall of Windows done when it was on the desktop rather than the laptop? If so, You may want to try checking the drivers for things and updating them. Many for a desktop are not the same for a laptop. You may even need to reinstall the OS while the drive is now in the laptop.

ImZakP

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

I've downloaded all the possible drivers from ASUS website and any other drivers I could think of I guess i'm still just missing some the original OS for this HDD was preinstalled on another laptop i couldn't use it so I had to format it to get it to work I've tried reinstalling on my laptop multiple times I ran a program called system mechanic pro and rather than 10 fps I get a steady 20 my friend said that the fact it made any difference may point to a software issue?