Low FPS Problem

Ryan_330

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
I currently have a gaming laptop and up until now I am getting very low frames. I am currently using a i7-4710HQ, 2.5ghz CPU with a 860m GTX. Windows 10 Creators Build
I had my NVIDIA Control Panel setup with a 120FPS constantly running and had no issues but all of sudden I am getting 20-30 FPS constant, and then at times it will drop down to 1-3 FPS, then freeze for about 10-15 seconds. This isn't happening just on my game either. My computer is slow to startup, slow to react when opening new tabs in a browser. Any help regarding this matter would be extremely useful as it is now impossible for me to play any games especially CSGO.

Solution
Very possible. For afterburner there is a monitoring part of it you need to have open before you join the game. It'll show max and min values for all sorts of things. Pay particular attention to CPU and GPU temps

Supahos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Most likely causes
1) CPU overheating and slowing down to not burn itself up
A) download and run MSI afterburner to monitor temps to see if this is the case

2) hard drive could be failing
B) run disk checking software to confirm

3) viruses
C) run all sorts of virus scan stuff

Ryan_330

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

Downloaded MSI Afterburner and joined a game, this is what shows.
http://imgur.com/n6gV4A7

Ryan_330

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
I downloaded a disk checking software and it found some problems. When I ran recovery, my startup screen got stuck on 11% so I might be leaning towards it failing and if thats the problem, I guess my solution would to be buy a new HD or SSD?

Supahos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Very possible. For afterburner there is a monitoring part of it you need to have open before you join the game. It'll show max and min values for all sorts of things. Pay particular attention to CPU and GPU temps

Solution