mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
Ram: 2x 4gb 1600 kingston hyper x blu
PSU: Seasonic X750 gold
GPU: Asus radeon HD6870
CPU cooler: Coolmaster hyper 212+
case: coolmaster HAF-922
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm 32mb cache SATA
CD/DVD: Asus 24x dvd R SATA

everything seems to be working good, except the LUCID VIRTU MVP. It all started when i got the system up and drivers and s/w installed. used the LUCID VIRTU MVP wizard to set it up. It setup completely and was successful. I rebooted the computer and went to play diablo 3, went to load up and just stayed in windows for some reason, so i attempted to launch diablo 3 again and it said it was already running so i unplugged my DV-I cable from the 6870 and plugged it into the on board DV-I port and then i see the diablo 3 log in screen. So after determining that it was running off the iGPU instead of my 6870, I went to the bios and set the graphic configurations to PCI-E only, saved and rebooted, it worked fine for the first day of gaming, then i booted my computer down and back up the next morning and went to play diablo 3 again. It began to load and just stayed in windows, so i unplugged the dv-i cable again from my 6870 and plugged it into my iGPU and i saw the diablo 3 login screen. So i thought that the bios reverted the graphic configuration setting back to auto instead of PCI-e only. So i went to the bios and checked it, but it was already set to PCI-e, but the game will only display if i plugg my monitor into the iGPU. I wouldn't mind running off the iGPU, but diablo3 laggs when running off the iGPU, But runs smoothly on my 6870. Is anyone having this issue with this same mobo+cpu setup? Any suggestions for resolution?

kingkung

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

i set the bios igpu to enabled. then i turned the PCI-E bios setting to auto, then i booted up to windows and launched virtuMVP and went to the games list. next to the games i play i checked the box with the "D" for discrete graphics. thats what seemed to work for me.

toyftw

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

I read somewhere it works better if you keep connected ti the IGP (mobo) port, is that what happened to you?

Thanx

Tom