LulzSec, Anonymous Ganging Up on Governments, Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

...grabs a brand new Criss Angel magic bucket of popcorn and a sodie pop....

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
So exposing innocent peoples' names, passwords and credit card info is fighting to ensure, "that our privacy is not overrun by profiteering gluttons"...?

Aren't lulzsec/anonymous helping make it easier for innocent people to get ripped off now by publicly releasing all this information?

Shouldn't they be releasing insider trading information and stuff like that?

They don't seem to be helping "the people" by exposing the people to identity theft and other cyber crimes...

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
@Lulzsec Yes!! Thank you for your cooperation!

Finally with Anonymous and we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I will continue to support this movement. And please... No DDoS... try LDoS. ^^ And stop trying to send packets to ATT servers. ^^ Have a nice day. =)

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I don't like hackers, but if any corruption on government or banks comes to light, I would hope that the proper authorities would do something right, and follow the leads given to prosecute the corruption and NOT the hackers which gave them the tools to proceed.

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
+1 Netherscourge

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]So exposing innocent peoples' names, passwords and credit card info is fighting to ensure, "that our privacy is not overrun by profiteering gluttons"...?Aren't lulzsec/anonymous helping make it easier for innocent people to get ripped off now by publicly releasing all this information?Shouldn't they be releasing insider trading information and stuff like that?They don't seem to be helping "the people" by exposing the people to identity theft and other cyber crimes...[/citation]

lets be honest here. all the info they got can be found easily by the people that want it.

if you release "we found a hole" now many people will react or care
if you release "we got all your info, and to prove it. LOOK AT THIS" you get the attention to security you need

weather that is their goal or not is hard to tell, because on one hand you have security by extreme measures, and on the other, they could be doing it just to be dicks.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
They're not even attacking the right channels.

They're going after video game sites... how are video game sites screwing over people's rights?

If they really did support a cause, they would go after the sleazy Wall Street Bankers and Politicians. Expose the "under-the-table" e-mails and the insider trading tips that have REALLY screwed up the world (Or at least screwed up the USA)

If the US government can bring own Martha Stewart for simply drawing a circle around a number on a fax sheet, then surely lulzsec/anon can find some REALLY INCRIMINATING stuff from digging through these nasty politicians and bankers stuff.

What does Sony or Bioware have to do with ruining people's privacy? They're video game makers! All they are going to do is waste a ton of money on a new security server and start charging people a membership fee, ala Xbox Live.

It makes no sense. The only people they're hurting are little Jimmy and Joey who can't play COD on Playstation Network...?????

How is that sending a message to all the corrupt creeps in the world?

They need to be exposing crimes and criminals. Not Joe Blow video gamer. It's like shooting your neighbor just to prove that guns should be better regulated. Hello? What?

Just saying... their heart may be in the right place, but their cross-hairs are WAY WAY WAY off target. They're going after the wrong people to make a point that will only turn those people against them.

G

Yes! They're going to take down China! Oh wait, they're the bastards behind most of these attacks...NUKE BEIJING!

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Why don't these guys go after companies like BeautifulPeople.com or Bank of America? Those are proven to be pure evil, yet they don't get touched.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I have no respect for people that hide behind the sanctity of their keyboards and cause direct havoc to the public. Go get'em Web Ninjas.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Lol. Like anyone cares what they say. I'll just pull out the Ethernet cable and keep doing whatever the hell I was doing before. And everyone else who got tricked into using a lot of web-based services will get pwned =) Nice. Maybe that'll teach people to stop all that hype about web-based "apps" and "cloud computing".

cphorn15

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]What does Sony or Bioware have to do with ruining people's privacy? [/citation]

If I'm not mistaken, there was actually motivation for hacking Sony and that was the whole Sony saying "You can't hack our products!" The rest of the hacks though seemed really out of place and unmotivated, and I agree with you that Lulzsec is doing more harm than good.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
i personally would love to see them hack the US Senate and House and to reveal all the corruptiuon we know is happening.Release it right to the public and let them see.Do it to both the reps and dems and show how corporations pay them off with big donations and money lobbying.

i think we need to know this in the open whether you are conservative or liberal this is useful info you want to know about.

do it for all of us in USA

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Lol. Like anyone cares what they say. I'll just pull out the Ethernet cable and keep doing whatever the hell I was doing before. And everyone else who got tricked into using a lot of web-based services will get pwned =) Nice. Maybe that'll teach people to stop all that hype about web-based "apps" and "cloud computing".[/citation]

Pulling the plug on your home PC won't prevent them from stealing your personal information that is stored on a web-server for your mortgage company or your credit card account or any other company that has you personal info stored on a server.

In fact, I don't think they even target individual PCs, just big servers.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
If money was used for the reason it came into being, which is the measure of work people do, then there would be no multi billionaires. No person can do that much work in multiple lives, and it is not fair. Sure companies hire more people and give them jobs, but how much are they paying them while making a few times more their amount for basically doing nothing. Not fair again. I just hope that Anonymous understands that and do not try to imprison normal people after their efforts to balance the world work. It sounds like they are capable of doing that, so I doubt any group trying to counter them will succeed at taking them down, plus there are a few thousand more members joining them. One word for most companies, "Corruption" gl gg Anony.

Status
Not open for further replies.