LulzSec, Anonymous Ganging Up on Governments, Banks

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Please Expose Washington! There's a saying, "the fish rots from the head!" Let everyone know about the true motivations of the actions of government and their puppet policies made my the Corporations. Open Your eyes people, even in this (self Inflicted) down turn, Washington DC and cities in Texas (home of Former President) are doing well. They only care for themselves, there is not such thing as Community for them, only Corporate unity.

G

If they didn't know what they were doing they wouldn't have gotten this far yet. If they are going after governments now then they must feel that they are ready. Most of the comments on this article seem to be angry about "mommies basement dwellers" while they actually aren't looking at this the right way. We don't know who these groups are and so far and they do have the decency to keep some things to themselves (such as their attack against Bethesda where they kept some information as they like Bethesda's games) and we should consider the following:

1. When they uncover government scandals they will most likely release emails about underhanded deals and such that (hopefully) won't compromise national security.

2. We should almost be glad a group so talented (as not just John Doe can learn how to hack in a weekend like these members can) is testing governments. Since they don't release everything I would rather they tell us how bad our governent's security is than some black market group which definitely WILL sell all personal information.

3. Many of you who comment on this article don't seem to understand that the only way to test your security is to have an attempt to hack through it. Hence the white hat hackers who are hired by Microsoft, MacAfee, Norton etc and constantly try to get past their programs so they can work to improve them.

If you consider these points then you should at least understand what the potential is. The only problem is after they're done all of congress will go pants-on-head retarded and do all sorts of stupid shit to every internet user to "protect our nation" instead of learning why the hell you should invest more in cyber-security

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]It's like shooting your neighbor just to prove that guns should be better regulated. Hello? What?[/citation]

That's pretty much anonymous for you.

Honestly, I find it sad that LulzSec calls themselves anonymous.

May their plan fail.

G

After I read this, for some reason, I had this picture in my head of an organized march in support of anarchy.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ls22[/nom]Hello,everybody,the good shopping place,the new season approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!===== http://www.madeshopping.net === Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30 ugg BOOT $50Nike (R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12New era cap $9Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18FREE SHiPPINGhttp://www.madeshopping.net[/citation]
I just wish somebody would hack the assholes that are always spamming this site

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Most of the hacking so far has been directed at gaming institutions, and most of the information taken has been gamers' personal details. Now, I have no love for Sony, but these actions can only harm one group of people - customers. Normal people. Surely, the ones you're not actually trying to fight. Sony have very deep pockets and a few days of inconvenience to them isn't going to make them squeal for mercy, but denying millions of gamers their right to enjoy their purchases is misdirected rage, unless they don't see console gamers as proper gamers, of course (a theme constantly banded around these sites). I can laugh at Sony for their lack of security but it doesn't mean their users should be punished as a result of stolen information and a downed service.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Meh, whole thing just smells like a govt' job to me. Get ppl so annoyed with hackers that they then welcome all the net monitoring etc with open arms.

give it 6 months and it we'll all be screwed.

G

PheaR Th3M, Th3y 4R3 L33T H4X0Rz.

They sound like a collection of bedwetting 12 year olds. How can any of you take this nonsense seriously?

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I just wish somebody would hack the assholes that are always spamming this site[/citation]

I'll bet their cheap shared servers couldn't take much.
Someone must be responding to their crap or they'd go away, wouldn't they?

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I really hope they target Monsanto, and its lawyers. Corporate greed has turned some people careless, but Monsanto it has rendered wholly Evil.

Partizan92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
I'm sorry but i totaly support LulzSec and the AntiSec campaign... please LulzSec f*** them all up... stolen credit card information from a game server??? please... I wouldn't pay for a game even if my life was depending on it.... I have never seen an original copy of some software in years... all my life on piracy and will stay like that till my last breath

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
They're going to hack, handle and hostage our data/information/services to make a stand against controlling companies? Sorry, but that seems hypocritical in the extreme!

I could understand if they hacked into websites of corrupt organisations, or stole the information of corrupt politicians, but why do I deserve to have my details stolen? So they can make their point? Why fight FOR freedom if you're just going to abuse our freedom to fight your fight? It's not enamouring.

No one's arguing that freedom is a bad thing. No one's questioning that there are things wrong in the world, especially with big corporations who've lost all sense of moral decency, and everyone wants more clarity in the world. But, Lulzec, you're doing the wrong thing in the wrong way, and for a group that is supposedly fighting for our freedom, you offer us little choice or respect in the decisions you make for us.

jboles5472

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
From my research, I think many of those commenting here are misunderstanding these two groups that are now joining teams. Look them up on Youtube. They are all about the power of the people, freedom and the constitution, and simply putting and end to the corporate and government corruption. The authentic ones are not into stealing individual citizens information. Sure, you may find some younger immature ones on Facebook that try to threaten some with stupid crap like that, but most of them have the common citizen's best interests in mind. If you're a U.S. citizen, join me in giving cheers to those who want to expose the corruption.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]wowohwow[/nom]They can't take over the world. What are they gonna do once they destroy everything?Are they going to get off their arse and stand in public and face the cameras? I don't think so. They will continue to hide behind their keyboards and proxys.[/citation]

Who..the hackers, or the greedy bankers and their cohorts on Capital Hill? Jeeze isn't it amazing how these Cyber Security acts raised their head..and boom..the hackers are gonna strike. I am so glad the powers that be were able to see into the future like this, and feed us news about all the bad people trying to attack us at random. My God, have some money before it's too late..after all..it's safe in your hands. We can bank on that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.