LulzSec Returning Soon For One Last Attack

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryomg

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Power to the people. Hopefully the majority of the members of Anon and LuLz live in countries without extradition. Now that things like this are getting more attention, hopefully they keep the hackings progressive and informative, someone needs to expose the people to the truth about what this world is...corrupt and broken.

PS: To those of you who complain about spam, i would guess that you are the same people who complain about adds on youtube, and the occasional commercial on pandora. So you like to complain about things that you do not pay for? Where is your opinion and outrage for governments? Why not direct that aggression toward something that actually matters?

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
the only lulz i'm interested in them doing at this point is hacking the political contributions list of the Democrat and Republican party. put that on wikileaks.
oh wait that's not a childrens entertainment service and is too serious of an issue to lulz about.

TechnoBowl

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
And they don't think that every government agency is on their ***? Oh you arrogant morons living in their basements drinking some form of Mountain Dew and so on and so on. You're going to get what's coming to you.

weaselsmasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Lulz/AntiSec don't have the stomach for a real, hardened target. I'd like to see whether they have the balls to go after operational hosts in the US military (not the recruiting sites, the real deal), or put their money where their mouths are and go after someone who would put a bullet in their heads and doesn't give a shit about law (since Lulz thinks law doesn't matter in the game, let it apply to both sides).

Try Mossad or the FSB or the Sinaloas, tough guys.

TechnoBowl

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
[citation][nom]weaselsmasher[/nom]Lulz/AntiSec don't have the stomach for a real, hardened target. I'd like to see whether they have the balls to go after operational hosts in the US military (not the recruiting sites, the real deal), or put their money where their mouths are and go after someone who would put a bullet in their heads and doesn't give a shit about law (since Lulz thinks law doesn't matter in the game, let it apply to both sides). Try Mossad or the FSB or the Sinaloas, tough guys.[/citation]

Oh man I'd love to see them attempt the FSB. I will laugh so hard I'll choke to death watching what happens to them.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]Excellent update LulzSec... you're doing a great job! Do not forget to attack Bank of America, DEA/ATF, and especially the TSA. Have a nice day! ^^[/citation]
Definitely the TSA. Also, add in the RIAA and MPAA. But what's wrong with BofA?

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
These hackers really need to point their skills towards a specific purpose--like directly exposing corruption by releasing corporate memos or underhanded fund transferring to the public, more like Wikileaks.

Right now they just look like a bunch of immature blunt weapons with a penchant for mayhem. As fun as that sounds, it doesn't accomplish anything and actually makes them look like the bad guys half the time. I know they have manifestos that are all "anti-security", but I'd like to see them focus on something more villainous and less "arbitrary target". It seems like they're breaking into anywhere that's easy.

There should be more focus on exposing "security" companies that don't provide legitimate security (I know this happened once recently) as well as proof of illegal operations by high profile individuals.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]the only lulz i'm interested in them doing at this point is hacking the political contributions list of the Democrat and Republican party. put that on wikileaks.oh wait that's not a childrens entertainment service and is too serious of an issue to lulz about.[/citation]I don't usually agree with f-14, but I would really like the political contributions to be posted clearly online in their quantities. Personally, I think it should be law to publish them on a an official government election information website. The election website thing really should exist so that each side can provide their official stances on issues and let the people decide. But I guess the point of government nowadays is to keep the people out of it and let the political machines keep their power.

ab0tj

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
TSA??? No way, thats the last agency we need to have info out on the internet from. MPAA and RIAA, hells yes. Get after it.

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]pablomax[/nom]It is very interesting how many poster side with the large corporations and government which is constantly trying to take away your money and your rights. Remember when Americans used to stand against oppression? Neither do it. It has been too long.[/citation]
Its one thing to try and defend rights, its another to actually inconvenience the people whose rights you are protecting. And what about Minecraft? What did THEY ever do to anyone? By the way, most of their targets were gaming companies.

I'd like to think it's the pirates' fault all of this has happened.

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Personally, I'm extremely annoyed by these "protectors." Most of the targets I've seen are video game corporations (and Minecraft.net. really, Minecraft?).

I'd be ok with them hacking AT&T or a lot of the ISP's out there, AT&T is greedy as hell, and ISP's are just trying to rip you off saying bandwidth is expensive (I believe it only costs about a cent to have 1gb of bandwidth, and that's decreasing.) If they really are going to use that bs excuse and that some people want to be charged less than others, the least they could do is actually upgrade said servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.