Apr 2, 2013
hi im wondering which macbook pro can give me the most fps in games like borderlands 2 and bioshock infinite. so far as iv seen is that the gt320m is around the same ore more than the intel hd graphics 3000. so the main reason that iv heard for the 320m beating the 3000 is because of driver support but that was 3 years ago and im guessing that drivers have got better. but there's no benchmarks to prove this. any help would be greatly appreciated. also theres no way i am getting a gaming laptop for the same price .windows 8 and made out of cheap plastics are not for me.8)

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Look at the razer blade its a fantastic laptop. One of very few laptops that are on the same build level as macbooks. That will absolutely destroy either macbook and its on amazon for ~1500. I don't know which one of the two is better for sure but I trust apple knows what they are doing and wouldn't but a dedicated card unless it was faster than the integrated gpu, so I'd go with the 320m.

Nuckles_56

Estimable
May 25, 2014
I would sure as hell go for the razer blade over the macbook for gaming, as both of those GPUs are seriously weak and will not deliver playable frame rates at anything more than minimum setting and screen resolution and even then it will be a tough thing.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
^ yes, I don't like macbooks because I dislike mac osx, but honestly they are great laptops. I wouldn't mind owning one just putting windows on it. The problem is macs and gaming REALLY don't mix. They are great for average consumers or professionals (mac pro, not macbooks), but are terrible value for gaming.

Nuckles_56

Estimable
May 25, 2014

The fact that they are terrible for gaming is the biggest reason that I would never buy one

Apr 2, 2013
i know there bad for gaming but i have got £400 and i have a 2011 macbook pro on second chace offer also windows on laptops is clunky and doesn't feel right also there ALL made out of plastic. im getting a macbook for the same reasons i got an ipad instead of a android tablet.i know the performance will be awfull but i want to know how awfull. im only gonna play inecraft and borderlands 2 and maybe counter strike. the closest i got to macbook pro specs are when i took the gpu out of my pc and used the intergreated graphics on my i5 and the performance wasn't
half bad about 45 on low bl2 AT 1080P.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
they are NOT ALL made out of plastic, its what we are trying to tell you. I personally feel that osx is very inefficient productivity wise. But since you are set on a mac, go with the one with dedicated graphics, it will suck less.