MacBook Pro display doesn't work

pascal1994

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hello,

I have a MacBook pro that doesn't show any image on the laptop display, but works perfectly fine on an external monitor. I'm planning on ordering a new LCD screen but I need to make sure that this will solve the problem. Could anyone verify this?

Thank you!

digicat

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
If you're looking for a definitive answer from a forum then you're in for some bad news. No one can be absolutely certain without being able to see it in person. If you want a for-sure answer then take it to a technician so they can diagnose it.

pascal1994

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I have tried a new working screen on my macbook pro but it still won't show. Funny thing is that the original screen started working again several days ago, although it has stopped working again. The new screen was connected with a new cable so it's safe to say it's not the display cable and not the screen. What else could it be?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
True. I have had one fail but because of my clumsiness trying to take the connector off. If the new cable fails to fix the problem then it is probably the connector and it is better to sell as a broken unit and get a new one as replacing the motherboard is not cost effective IMO.

Steven Jiang

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Yeah. Time for a change :D