Solved! MacBook Pro on crafting magnetic mat

Apr 11, 2018
Hello! I had recently purchased a new craft table and I placed a magnetic craft mat on the desk to protect the surface. Without even thinking about it, I placed my MacBook pro on it and I have been using the MacBoo pro on the mat for the past 3 weeks. Nothing has really happened, but I just realized the mat is magnetized and I'm wondering if it's safe to use it this way. Not sure if this magnetic mat is really strong enough to cause any damage. Your advice is much welcome!!

Solution
Magnets and computers are not a good mix, however that is a general thing and this mat may be fine. Did you check with the mat vendor to see if they know of any issues? People stick magnets on their phones all the time for car mounts and the phones are fine with it.
Magnets and computers are not a good mix, however that is a general thing and this mat may be fine. Did you check with the mat vendor to see if they know of any issues? People stick magnets on their phones all the time for car mounts and the phones are fine with it.

Solution