Mad Catz Launches New Mouse Built for MMOGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
I bet that feels ugly in your hand. Is it a mouse or mouse trap? Does it come with a jet pack?

Mad Catz next Gen mouse will be one you sit on and just move your ass around in the chair.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Why do you need that many buttons? The keyboard has a lot of binds, assuming you can use shift/ctrl/alt modifiers. `123456qertyfghzcvb space, mousewheel up/down/click :/ If you need more, just get something like an MX518 or G400 or something. Probably less than half the price of this mouse too.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]I've a R.A.T. 9 and I love it... Best mouse I ever owned. better then razer mamba[/citation]

I agree Mamba is lacking because it's just too big for my hands...

however, Razer Orochi is perfectly sized...

don't know about Mad Catz's mice....they seem as big as Razer Mamba...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Do NOT buy this. I've got a RAT9 myself too, and I'm regretting having bought it EVERY SINGLE DAY that I'm using it. The dpi switch only affects software, not the hardware, so it'll still move around if you decide to breathe near it. The software's standard saitek buggy stuff, so if you do use the programmable buttons, you risk bluescreening. And if the sensor's anything like the RAT9 one, you'll be unable to use the mouse while having loudspeakers in the same room. Oh and pressing the left mouse button makes teh mouse move, so you'll always miss your shot, and the 'aim' button is too far in front and can't be reached comfortably, making it useless. Oh and did I mention that the buttons on the left side above the thumbrest are 'contact triggers' and not buttons you can keep holding down? so no push to talk on the mouse.
Also the thumb rest can't be fastened properly, and the battery is sometimes stuck, making quick battery exchanges near impossible.

This new thing looks very much like the same design, so stay away from it. Really.
Get anything else. Anything at all, and you'll be better off.

G

considering my original cyborg mouse won't change sizes, modes, let me program commands, etc. within windows seven.

i won't be buying any junk from saitek ever again.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]towells[/nom]Hmm, where is the price, why not use headline, without "priced" at the end![/citation]
Since it doesn't ship until January, the pricing probably hasn't been set yet.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
lol at the haters in this thread. I own the RAT7 and it's the best mouse I've ever owned. Beats out anything I ever bought from Logitech and Razer. I love the DPI button and macro software is very easy to use.

Love it to death. I'm thinking about buying a 2nd one just incase the one I have breaks in the future and they no longer sell it.

Think a lot of the complaints are most likely based on user-error, not the mouse lol.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
[citation][nom]airborne11b[/nom]lol at the haters in this thread. I own the RAT7 and it's the best mouse I've ever owned. Beats out anything I ever bought from Logitech and Razer. I love the DPI button and macro software is very easy to use.Love it to death. I'm thinking about buying a 2nd one just incase the one I have breaks in the future and they no longer sell it.Think a lot of the complaints are most likely based on user-error, not the mouse lol.[/citation]

that is the case most of the time; lol go read 1 egg newegg reviews with people complaining about missing instruction manuals preventing them from installing their HDDs o_O

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]Sorry Mad Catz, but after your junk accessories for the PS2, I will never forgive you. Maybe try to market it under Mad Dogz or something - maybe that sounds like a rappers name, but yeah.[/citation]
mad dogg, Rapper, GTA:SA

kjsfnkwl

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]I hope it doesn't eat up my hand because of a virus attack[/citation]
That was one of the funniest comments I've seen today. But it will gradually get rated down because rating on toms works essentially like "oh, that one is rated down so I'll rate it down too".

Status
Not open for further replies.