Mad Catz Unveils Cyborg Gaming Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Why not have the controls somewhere else like on the cord or an extension or a utility in windows?[/citation]

every single headset I have ever had, my family has ever had, my friends have ever had, has broken because that stupid cord with the control on it. Taking that off of the court makes the thing more durable, seeing as almost everyone I, friends, family has ever used has broken within the first year because of It.

that said, I trust that mad catz is using plastic instead of metal to attach it to the headband, another point of failure that we and many other people find. The plastic and most headphones breaks because of general use, never had that problem with metal ones that are older than me though.

I would pay a premium for metal in headphone, and I also pay premium for the controls not being anywhere associated with the cord.

That's why have Sennheiser HD 555.
I also have a blue yeti microphone.

I'm not sure if there's a better combination, seeing as how the microphone most headsets or pieces of crap anyways, and anything labeled gaming in headsets is a piece of crap that gets overpriced only because people who associate gaming and headphones don't know quality.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
50mm driver with built in mic or American Audio HP-550 Pro Headphones with 57mm drivers higher power handling and better frequency response for under $35's and separate mic for less money combined for a far more flexible setup plus the headphones can fold up and the speakers can turn outward for listening plus you'll look better.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]knowom[/nom]50mm driver with built in mic or American Audio HP-550 Pro Headphones with 57mm drivers higher power handling and better frequency response for under $35's and separate mic for less money combined for a far more flexible setup plus the headphones can fold up and the speakers can turn outward for listening plus you'll look better.[/citation]

if we are going off looks, thats subjective, but if we are talking quality, never buy anything that is "gamer" marketed without crap tons of homework.

anything sound, AVOID THE GAMER LABEL
anything mic, AVOID GAMER LABEL
keyboards, do research into what kind it it, if they have mechanical keys, so on so forth
mice, again do the research, have dealt with razors that my little brother has that broke in a month of non stressful use, and others that have preformed well for over 2 years and going (my refurb naga)

and avoid madcatz like the pleauge, their customer service (email based) is abysmal at best. 2 weeks and no response on software issues.

G

I just dont see the point, I can get a $15 headphone/mic combo that works perfectly fine.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Bob Dole[/nom]I just dont see the point, I can get a $15 headphone/mic combo that works perfectly fine.[/citation]
the one headset that this would actually preform better than.

go to a best buy/target and see if they have a bose/Sennheiser on display, don't bother with beets. i dont like bose, but if there is no Sennheiser, its a decent alternative. put on the full can around the ear and listen to the demo, and you will know why people want a good headset. and as for a good mic... i cant stand phones, and live headset quality, i at least lead by example and use something decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.