Major Toshiba Satellite Battery Draining Issue

Apr 6, 2018
I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4807 and a bit newer Satellite L305D-S5974. The A215 has a PA3533U-1BRS battery and the L305 has a PA3534U-1BRS.

I placed the battery from the A215 into the L305 laptop. It's a bit more snug, but it does fit.

My problem is, the battery drains extremely fast until it goes dead in the L305, but this does not occur at all in the A215 laptop. Does anyone have a clue what's going on? Thank you in advance!

Solution
If my research is correct, they have different mAh (Milliamp Hours) which would means it won't function the same in both of those laptops. They are set up for different batteries. Seeming the same and being the same are two different things. If it want the laptop to run as it should, you would need the correct battery for the correct laptop.
If my research is correct, they have different mAh (Milliamp Hours) which would means it won't function the same in both of those laptops. They are set up for different batteries. Seeming the same and being the same are two different things. If it want the laptop to run as it should, you would need the correct battery for the correct laptop.

Solution
Apr 6, 2018
Web, thank you for your reply - I didn't take the mAh into consideration; I guess I'm not real tech savvy with lappy batteries. I just assumed if it fits, it will work. I bought a new one that's compatible and it works just fine now. Thank you once again.