Make Firefox 4's Tab Bar Take Up Less Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Hah! Before reading this article, I was already wondering why the new menu button wasn't on the tab bar. Glad Tom's posted this!

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Haven't experimented much but so far, closing one window of firefox has closed ALL firefox windows. And why did they place the close icon into a menu?

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I've been using this hack for a while now. The main issue with it is that it completely messes up on pages that resize themselves. It looks really ugly when that happens.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I never understood the point of this kind of minimalism. I have 1200 pixels of vertical space. I prefer to have a real set of menus and control buttons up there in addition to a full width tab bar.

G

Keep in mind that the option to `Always show the tab bar` needs to be checked. Otherwise, the orange Firefox menu button will overlay the navigation bar if you are only viewing one page, and you won't be able to click on it until another tab is opened.

Also, here is a link to CSS code that, in addition to pushing the tab bar up, makes the orange menu button look much nicer:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/07/06/remove-stuck-firefox-4-orange-menu-button-css/

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]I'm glad Firefox 4 still allows me to disable Tabs altogether, I find them highly annoying.[/citation]

are you high? tabs are cool if you really know how to take advantage of them, you must be very old or very stupid

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]are you high? tabs are cool if you really know how to take advantage of them, you must be very old or very stupid[/citation]

Everyone's allowed their opinion. :)

AuonH

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
If you are after real estate isn't the best option the full screen mode (F11) plus auto hiding tabs, that way you can have the whole screen for the web page and still use tabs...

Status
Not open for further replies.