making calls from laptop with 3g mobile broadband module

njubajr

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
Is there a way to make voice calls using mobile broadband module in Laptop computers? I am using a Lenovo Think Pad with Ericsson H5321gw mobile broadband module. Data connection is fine.

Sam

Solution
No, you can't make calls through via your 3G module as it's only for data (by definition, mobile broadband is data only), and a voice call is not data.

Data is web pages, file downloads/uploads and emails (as well as a bunch of other stuff) but definitely not voice calls
No, you can't make calls through via your 3G module as it's only for data (by definition, mobile broadband is data only), and a voice call is not data.

Data is web pages, file downloads/uploads and emails (as well as a bunch of other stuff) but definitely not voice calls

Solution

woalma

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014

If I connect a UMTS 3g dongle to the lap, use my voice service SIM card, set the APN to the voice service, can I not make a voice call from my laptop?

Venue

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

Good idea , same SIMcard working with phones Data+VoiceCalls So why working only data not receiving calls on our laptop,tablets ? i installed and when i tried call my number nothing on my laptop show me incoming call but it was dialing my number it was not busy or answer me:- this mobile number is turn off or out of range i tried install under windows 8.1 64bit any software for dial or receiving calls but still not success yet i hope some one help us to solve this case .. thank you all