Malfunctioning Laptop Keyboard!

TheShade

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Hello people,

I have a HP Envy 15 j151sa laptop. A few months ago, there was a slight spill of red bull causing the internal keyboard to be unusable due to only a few select keys working. I have since then used an external keyboard and there seemed to be no issues. A few weeks ago however, everytime the laptop boots, the shift key is pressed by default. I have tried uninstalling it from device manager but the laptop reinstalls it upon a restart and the shift key is still pressed. How can I disable the internal keyboard permanently or render it useless so this shift key issue is completely gone.

Thank you

Solution
In Device Manager you need to choose "Disable" instead of uninstall, then it won't re-install after a restart.

I can't guarantee that'll fix your shift key problem though, I'm just advising you on the correct procedure to stop Windows re-installing a built-in device and/or driver.

In Device Manager you need to choose "Disable" instead of uninstall, then it won't re-install after a restart.

I can't guarantee that'll fix your shift key problem though, I'm just advising you on the correct procedure to stop Windows re-installing a built-in device and/or driver.

Solution