Malware Bytes Blocking Outbound Connections from Chrome Randomly?

dj.promethium

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
Hi all! So, I'm having this weird issue where, completely randomly, a Malware Bytes popup will come up in the bottom right of my screen and tell me an outbound connection originating from Chrome has been blocked. The urls vary from "u.cubeupload.com", to "v2profit.com", and even "thumb1.youflix.is.gohiding.com". I have no idea what these sites are, and have never been to any of them. Combine this with the fact that just a few minutes ago I had such an incident, and I wasn't even browsing around, I was just reading on a forum with no ads whatsoever.

I run Avast and Malwarebytes as my sole forms of protection, and use Adblock Plus and Ghostery on Chrome for added security. All of these were active at the time the blocked outgoing connection occurred.

I have the log file text of all said incidents if posting them here would help. Thanks for any and all advice/assistance!

Solution
It sounds like you may have adware installed on either your browser or your machine.

Two questions: 1) What operating system are you running -- Mac or Windows, and which version of either? 2) If you go into Chrome Settings (the three vertical dots at the top right of your browser window) --> More tools --> Extensions, do you see any extensions that you don't remember installing?

Paul Wagenseil

Senior Editor
Apr 11, 2014
It sounds like you may have adware installed on either your browser or your machine.

Two questions: 1) What operating system are you running -- Mac or Windows, and which version of either? 2) If you go into Chrome Settings (the three vertical dots at the top right of your browser window) --> More tools --> Extensions, do you see any extensions that you don't remember installing?

Solution