Malwarebytes Scan in Safe Mode

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksiemb

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
For some reason, the Thread that spawns this post, eludes me, as well as the fact the PM I sent remains unanswered, so hopefully this post remains in tact.

I made a comment in someone's post, saying Malwarebytes was less effective when running in Safe Mode, and was promptly told by a member, I did not know what I was talking about. Hopefully that person will refer to this link to bring his knowledge up to date.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=90791&st=0&gopid=458941&

Solution
Yes, MBAM works better and was designed to run in Windows Normal Mode. If you can run it in Normal mode then you should. If you can not but it will run in Safe Mode only then that is better than nothing, but once you have the system running better you should scan again in Normal Mode.

You are correct ^ :D

1PW

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011

Hello aford10:

Certainly if you have more logs of any nature. Since you have good membership on the Malwarebytes' forum, it would be good to post there if you'd like to have the MBAM staffers work with you.

Thank you!

HTH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.