Man, 54, ''Marries'' Teen in RuneScape, Arrested

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie_m

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
I have throughly read all the comments and bickering to this point, my main question is this: I have a stack of like maybe a few hundred magic cards from when I was in high school in the 90s.
Are they really worth anything? I think I can find them in the garage if anyone is interested.

PS, don't do things that you couldn't let your family know. Thats the best way to be able to tell right and wrong, we all have an inner conscience that comes from god, whether you try to deny it or not, you know its there and it tracks everything you do, and it makes you live with the knowledge of your own decisions. If I tried to "marry" a 13 year old I know I couldn't face my family, hell I couldn't live with myself. Maybe loneliness breaks some people's consciences. Maybe that place the guy is from is really as horrible as another poster said. I don't know, what I do know is that the world grows sicker every day.

G

"The overall story only reiterates to parents the need to have an Internet filter in place to protect children under 18 years of age from harmful content and social situations. If it means blocking them from Facebook and RuneScape, then so be it. They'll eventually get over it once they're grown and kicked out of the house."

I completely agree with this. Neglect raising your children properly and exposing them to normal teenage social situations, and then kick them out of the house once they are "grown" and let them experience these situations first hand. At this point, they will be fully ready to face the sexual predators of the world and it is no longer your responsibility.

Afterall, you raised them until 18 right? Your conscience is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.