Man Builds $4,000 Iron Man ''War Machine'' Suit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]Hmmm That is pretty cool but its nice to see what we americans are still waisting money away in these bad economical times and all the starving people in the world.I would have put the money to charity If I could blow it on a suit.Not saying its not a really impressive custom made suit, but still.Not wise in my opinion.[/citation]

See what you get for being rational? People just suck.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]Well that's what YOU would do, douchebag. People like you probably want to force talented people like this dude to pay for everyone else around the globe who aren't as "fortunate." (gag me). We're getting sick of you mindless, drooling bed wetters![/citation]

I hope you just die from starvation, I would laugh at you so hard, seriously, would probably even get an orgasm from it.

skatt3rbrain

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]Hmmm That is pretty cool but its nice to see what we americans are still waisting money away in these bad economical times and all the starving people in the world.I would have put the money to charity If I could blow it on a suit.Not saying its not a really impressive custom made suit, but still.Not wise in my opinion.[/citation]

Why attack this guy for doing something awesome with a measly 4 grand? Go waste time attacking corporate tax havens or people who can blow 4 grand in one night in Vegas if you really want to make some kind of difference; otherwise, please just find a different hobby than attacking creativity.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]skatt3rbrain[/nom]Why attack this guy for doing something awesome with a measly 4 grand? Go waste time attacking corporate tax havens or people who can blow 4 grand in one night in Vegas if you really want to make some kind of difference; otherwise, please just find a different hobby than attacking creativity.[/citation]

You got a point. But he is not attacking the guy, he's just trying to expose something, which is a truth. People die all around the globe. The gap between riches and poors is expending everyday. It's even happening in our own "rich" countries. Go make a trip in Baltimore, and see how the gap between the riches and those in need is huge. The guy just thought that maybe this (the making of this kind of costume) was some kind of waste in is opinion, and it is in a way. Is it really the right topic to talk about this kind of stuff? Not really. But where is it appropriate to talk about it? And how about all those people responding to him in an aggressive way. Seriously, CoryInJapan doesn't sound aggressive, YOU guys are, for whatever reason.

Why be so defensive over your own wealth? Just be happy about it and shut up, one day every one of us could be in need. WE all love our wealth, but being defensive about it just shows how unworthy you are of it.

MamiyaOtaru

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
[citation][nom]skatt3rbrain[/nom]Why attack this guy for doing something awesome with a measly 4 grand? Go waste time attacking corporate tax havens or people who can blow 4 grand in one night in Vegas if you really want to make some kind of difference; otherwise, please just find a different hobby than attacking creativity.[/citation]
I hope you bitched about James Cameron wasting so much money on making Avatar. Maybe you'll reply that he made more than that back and donated a bunch. Well shit maybe the costume will help this kid make back more than $4000 and he can then donate some of that to somebody. You have to make money to be able to give it away, and I'd much rather it was voluntary

imapc

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
I love how Adam Savage hands Anthony Le his butt on a silver platter for being secretive and attacking other convention-goers. First time I've ever heard of him being anything but jovial, considering his attitude while on Myth Busters.

crinky

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
yea lets give billions more to Haiti so they can build something that cost 10$

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Now only if the guns functioned (only to be used in a test range, of course).
[citation][nom]imapc[/nom]I love how Adam Savage hands Anthony Le his butt on a silver platter for being secretive and attacking other convention-goers. First time I've ever heard of him being anything but jovial, considering his attitude while on Myth Busters.[/citation]
I decided to google their little clash, and thank you for bringing it up. Always entertaining. :)

He may as well start making some high density ceramics and mix it with thin titanium plates, mixed with lightweight firearms.
Dangerous? Yes.
Do I want to see it in action anyways? Yes.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Now if a single man could do this, with proper funding & resources, I bet the govt could do even better. If only they had the vision.
Though, it's a shame it can't play Crysis

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008

How much money did your government spend educating you? Because it's definitely better spent elsewhere.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]Go make a trip in Baltimore, and see how the gap between the riches and those in need is huge. [/citation]

Someday you'll realize that the vast majority of those "poor" people are poor because of choices they made in life. Student loans have been available for 30 years now at LEAST, but how many living there even tried to improve themselves? Compare that to the number who dropped out of school, squirted out 5 kids, and now are "poor" by choice?

If you're going to expect anyone to help those people, you need to start with them. Ultimately, they are responsible for their own lot in life, not the guy who goes to work every day and has a creative hobby at night.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]neblogai[/nom]This guy can not fly, but sure he can jump from a skyscraper, land and not get squished- like the real Ironman.And this suit is still cooler.[/citation]

That video was AWESOME!!! My only regret is only being able to give you +1... did you see his moves while he was dodging the projectile? or when he kicked that Asian kid down that stairs? If I had that suit I'd be indestructible!!!! lol

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
It's his money ass, not taxpayer money.

Status
Not open for further replies.