Man Buying PS3 From Craigslist Gets Scammed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordfakie

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
"com on , maybe the seller have one of those Toyota recalled models and his car suddenly accelerated when looking for the PS3. Maybe?

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]FUtomNOreg[/nom]Aren't all PS3 buyers getting scammed?[/citation]

Not any more than Xbox 360 buyers who have to spend extra for a BD player since HD-DVD went tits up, a wireless network adapter, and a monthly online subscription fee.

Baddaboom baddabing.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I wonder if the guy stood there for a minute and pondered his predicament...

"Boy, will that guy feel silly when he gets home, and realizes he forgot to give me my PS3! I'll just wait her until he realizes his mistake and comes back. We will have a good laugh together."

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
In other news, some guy took a dump today. How is this news? People get scammed all the time. Because this happens to have been for a PS3 it ends up on Tom's?? I don't often complain about news on this website, but this is a new low.

If it had been Newegg scamming then maybe, but SOME GUY outside a Best Buy???

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I use craigslist all the time. Last year I needed rock band 1 and the bass guitar, got em both for 30 bucks when the bass guitar was still 80 new. This year I traded my wii for a ps3. Both of those deals took place in walmart parking lots! So I guess the real lesson here is live in a place where people aren't complete asshats.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Hollowtek[/nom]Wow this reminds me of a huge case locally. Woman in a babies r us us is kidnapped Along with her baby, the woman was robbed and raped. I bring this up because that babies r us is located next to a best buy. Coincidence? I just never buy from craigsliat either way. The world us just too fkd up[/citation]
ROFL, That sounds too much like the Chewbacca defense to me.

DawnTreader

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
i bought a "returned" hard drive from futureshop once. it turned out to be a bunch of junk metal.

when i went to get my money back, one of the guys at the store told me a story about how a family had bought thier son an open box xbox for christmas and it turned out to be a bunch of 2x4 cut to fit the box. had just the right wieght to fool everyone.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
[citation][nom]HalJordan[/nom]I wonder if the guy stood there for a minute and pondered his predicament... "Boy, will that guy feel silly when he gets home, and realizes he forgot to give me my PS3! I'll just wait her until he realizes his mistake and comes back. We will have a good laugh together."[/citation]

ROFL, I laughed so hard reading this I almost peed my pants.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I thought everyone knew that you always do it at their home so you could test it and only give them the money once the item is basically inescapable from you

it is completely his fought
who buys used electronics from a person you don't know in a random parking lot

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sidran32[/nom]Interesting how the PS3 fanboys somehow found a way to use this article to bash the 360.[/citation]
If you actually consider it, the PS3 has a higher value, IF you use the features.
If I knew I wanted Bluray and wireless when I bought, I would have gone for a PS3 instead of a 360. Meant for a 360 purely because it was cheaper. I also didn't know how expensive xbox live was (ontop of the $50/month I pay for my net).
To others, however, bluray/bluetooth/wireless/free online etc. are useless, making the 360 a better console for them. =D

Luckily I haven't been hurt by Craigslist yet, though I've had dozens of no shows, which gets annoying.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Never pay by cash. Credit card > Debit card > Cheque
Always buy from a good name company with at least 30 days return policy
Test the item after purchase thoroughly
Don't buy refurb/used unless it's really good deal with good return/refund policy

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
But the nice man said if i take my pants off and get int he back of his van i could have the ps3 for free!!

halcyonnn

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
[citation][nom]lordfakie[/nom]"com on , maybe the seller have one of those Toyota recalled models and his car suddenly accelerated when looking for the PS3. Maybe?[/citation]

Funniest comment I have ever read on here. Made me actually chuckle. Coworks asked me was funny. I told them and they laughed too. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.