Man Buying PS3 From Craigslist Gets Scammed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
This is why I meet in the MIDDLE f the parking lot, he has the goods, I have the money. That way he can't bolt off in his car with just the cash. I could still tackle him if he tried to run away, and more than likely people would help out.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Live and learn, I hope they won`t make the same mistake again to profit these asshats. In montreal theres sheet loads of scams on kijiji for example, almost every cell phone for sale marked as `new`is pretty much stolen, and has to be unlocked since most of them are reported as stolen. An odd discovery in my times looking for a cell for myself, and through other friends`experiences, is that all the sellers are arabs o_O
(btw claim racism and ur a s*** head)

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]jh[/nom]SON THE PS3 HAS NO GAMES[/citation]

darn... i shouldn't have bought one then. I thought it was only a bluray player anyhow.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Pretty stupid of the guy to hand over the cash. I've done a lot of craigslist deals and was only ripped off once. And that was because I was stupid enough to give the lady the option to make payments. (which she declined to make after getting evicted)

G

yeah, the only way I can see this guy NOT being stupid is if he used COUNTERFEIT money so he just broke even, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.