Man Claims DROID 2 Exploded in Ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleh1811

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
The only thing that could explote in a cellphone is the battery. I'm not sure where that is located in the droid two, but i doubt it's directly beneath the upper part of the screen.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]mrmoo500[/nom]So he can afford a smart phone, but not insurance? What is wrong with this picture?[/citation]

insurance is like 4x more? and its monthly instead of a one time payment.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
You still have to pay even if you have insurance. Besides, it sounds like his wife is working at a school and he could have coverage through her employer.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]insurance is like 4x more? and its monthly instead of a one time payment.[/citation]
Last I checked wireless plans with data packages cost 75 to 90 monthly which would be a good start toward a single policy. I had to cut off the wireless plan and cable too afford my family plan to ensure my wife and daughter have coverage. It's all about priorities.

I am sure I don't have all the details, but I wonder why he drove to his wife's workplace to have pictures taken first if he needed urgent medical care, why was 911 even called?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
"the phone while getting into his car when he heard a popping noise."

This is how police forces are going to enforce that no cellphones while driving laws; sneaky buggers.

G

If you look closely at the photograph the phone was shot with a bb gun more then likely also what damaged his ear ....

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]insurance is like 4x more? and its monthly instead of a one time payment.[/citation]

Phone is $200 and carries at least an $80 month plan. This is why it's hard for me to entertain sob stories about people who don't have health insurance.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Phone is $200 and carries at least an $80 month plan. This is why it's hard for me to entertain sob stories about people who don't have health insurance.[/citation]
[citation][nom]cracklint[/nom]Last I checked wireless plans with data packages cost 75 to 90 monthly which would be a good start toward a single policy. I had to cut off the wireless plan and cable too afford my family plan to ensure my wife and daughter have coverage. It's all about priorities. I am sure I don't have all the details, but I wonder why he drove to his wife's workplace to have pictures taken first if he needed urgent medical care, why was 911 even called?[/citation]

i haven't had insurance of any kind for almost 5 years now, starting January i get covered under my dads insurance again, but i will never pay for it or seak a job that pays less but has better benefits. this is more of a i would rather be dead than pay people such a crap ton of money, and than when i really need it, have them try to not pay me, or better yet "debate" about it till im to sick so it doesn't matter. id rather not be covered and have no hope than be "covered" and have someone else hope i die soon so they don't have to pay. its one of the main reasons i want government regulated insurance, i would most likely die to incompetence before i die because they want me dead, and im more ok with that.

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
so all of a sudden it's his fault for not having insurance and not the phone manufacturer?

.... Remember Apple's iBomb and how this forum jizzed all over itself when that happened?

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
This just in--Rambus is suing Motorola and Google for copyright violations, stating that they patented exploding phones in 1994. No word from either Google or Motorola on the new lawsuit.

michaeljr

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
if the battery exploded, how would the phone still work? which is what was stated on the news.. that the phone still worked.. those phone need all the juice provided by the battery.. so if it blew, wouldn't that short the electrical setup in the battery?

I have a feeling he was on the phone and went to get into the car, not ducking enough and bashed his head against the pillar or roof edge.. smashing phone into his ear, cracking glass, cutting ear, but not blowing out battery..

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dtemple[/nom]I thought only Apple devices required you to hold them right. I guess now Motorola's on that bandwagon too?[/citation]

Signal loss when holding it wrong vs taken off an ear, I'll take the signal loss

Status
Not open for further replies.