Man Controls Prosthetic Arm With His Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
News Flash!!! Vivid, Adam&Eve, and Fairvilla announce a new toy to add spice to your holidays. It spins and moves to whatever fantasy you can come up with. Variable speed. Get yours today:)

G

The still in that movie clip bears a close resemblance to the hand in the Cyberdyne lab in T2. Spooky!

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
*Paul Houseman - The Terminator Theme playing in the background*
*With Arnold Schwarzenegger voice*
Hasta La Vista Baby!

JuiceJones

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
3 million sounds dirt cheap for something so frickin' amazing!

I wonder if they'll be able to tap into nerve endings that aren't severed, so we can go willy-nilly adding extra limbs. Four arms doesn't sound too bad! :D

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
More refined grips in upcoming models? To what use?

To steal a quote from the article, "It felt almost the same as a real hand. They stimulated me a lot"

*wink wink*

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]JuiceJones[/nom]I wonder if they'll be able to tap into nerve endings that aren't severed, so we can go willy-nilly adding extra limbs. Four arms doesn't sound too bad![/citation]

It's very likely that they could, however, you can only control parts of you're body your brain is familiar with. This guy will be imagining he's moving his hand which no longer exists.
I can't see us being able to move extra limbs independently.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]It's very likely that they could, however, you can only control parts of you're body your brain is familiar with. This guy will be imagining he's moving his hand which no longer exists. I can't see us being able to move extra limbs independently.[/citation]
If you start young enough, while the mind is still forming synapses you could conceivably engineer multiple limbs or even other forms of sensory abilities... as long as your brain is still under construction, it's pretty darn adaptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.