Man Faces Jail for YouTube Video of State Trooper

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcgaw

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Headline grubbing DAs are to be expected so that part of the story is no surprise. But having this trooper out in public seems a bit like inviting Mel Gibson to a bat mitzvah and then encouraging him to drink "just a few more" to loosen him up so he will tell you what he "really" thinks.

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
i say the state trooper already making a mistake for flashing a gun without his uniform, or show his id first. but i guess that's not a big deal. too much action movies perhaps.

but after making that mistake then they were arresting the man, searched and took away his personal computer without charge ? **** that kind of act makes me sick. are there still some good trooper among those corrupt ones.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
Now that the AG dismissed the wiretapping charge I hope he bends them over in court for siezing his computers and raiding his home. These damn cops are getting out of hand. They act like they dont work for us and are our fellow countrymen. This isnt the military and we are not some terrorists.

US is on a slippery slope with how they treat everyone else these days including their own citizens.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
oh come on the cop didn't know who that biker was he could have been a gang member for all he knew

what if that cop didn't pull his gun and the biker did and killed him?

G

wow.. that cop is one serious retard.. good job he didn't pull me over, I'm a retired special forces op.. I would have broken his arms and a few ribs before he even touched the ground.. wow no way should he have draw a weapon without proper ID..

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]are you serious? he could have osama bin landen under the helmet, should the cop just shoot him and then see if he was a terrorist? The guy was doing 80mph, the same speed these shit heads do 10x a day. P.S. If he did shoot the cop, he would be doing motorists a favor![/citation]
yea i'm serious! the cop didn't shoot him pulling the gun was for his own protection. and these shit heads need to do 80mph to protect and serve the people. so say if your house was being robbed and the cops showed up late because "sorry i can't do more than 25 in a 25" what would you say?

quit QQing about the cops their job is hard enough as it is. have you always done your job perfectly?

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
@2real, what if biker have a licensed gun and shot the stupid trooper for being threat with a deadly weapon. i would not risk my life if someone come to me with gun in his hand. i would run, or perhaps if i have a gun i would try to defend my self.

btw the stupid trooper didn't look like a nice person could be a drunkard or a robber if i judge from his appearance :p

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]shaun_shaun[/nom]up to 16 years in jail for videoing ??? is this the Democracy !!! ????[/citation]

I thought is was 16 years for the bastard with the gun. Oh well.

G

For the poster who asserted that the biker planned this video...I saw a picture of the helmet cam the biker used, it is a Hero HDPro. I have one. In it's water tight case it's very difficult and awkward to press the record button, especially when it's mounted on a helmet where you can't see or reach it.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
What is the worse of the two crimes here? Speeding or cutting someone (in a motorcycle) off and pulling a gun on them? Cops like this do NOT deserve to wear a badge. This "I am the law" attitude just proves that they think they can break the laws where they see fit and are unaccountable for their actions. I mean what the heck gives this Nazi reject the rights to do this to someone? Wire tapping? You have got to be kidding me. I hope the officer is fired and ends up cleaning toilets at MacDonalds!

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]izmanq[/nom]@2real, what if biker have a licensed gun and shot the stupid trooper for being threat with a deadly weapon. i would not risk my life if someone come to me with gun in his hand. i would run, or perhaps if i have a gun i would try to defend my self. btw the stupid trooper didn't look like a nice person could be a drunkard or a robber if i judge from his appearance[/citation]

so you're just going to shoot random people on the street just cause you think they're threats? is there a transcript of exactly what the cop said? and the biker should know why he was pulled over he was doing over 100 mph (according to the video)

G

@decepticon, at what point in the video do you think he disregards anyone's safety but his own? He was being safe throughout the entire video. Just because he was going over the speed limit doesn't mean he was being unsafe.

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
so you're just going to shoot random people on the street just cause you think they're threats? is there a transcript of exactly what the cop said? and the biker should know why he was pulled over he was doing over 100 mph (according to the video)

well, the trooper walkout the car with gun pulled out first, and told the guy to stop the bike, i don't think that count as a random people. yes, i would defend myself if i can, i don't want to risk my life :p

but ok, no big deal no one dies, but why the hell later the biker got arrested without charge, got his home searched and his pc got confisticated ? later they charging him for recording the incident

i don't know what are you thinking, but that just make me sick.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]izmanq[/nom]well, the trooper walkout the car with gun pulled out first, and told the guy to stop the bike, i don't think that count as a random people. yes, i would defend myself if i can, i don't want to risk my life but ok, no big deal no one dies, but why the hell later the biker got arrested without charge, got his home searched and his pc got confisticated ? later they charging him for recording the incident i don't know what are you thinking, but that just make me sick.[/citation]

maybe the cops had reasonable suspicion that he was taping cops? i dunno we don't have both sides of the story

and if the cop wasn't a cop he wouldn't have told him to stop the bike he would have just shot him

i didn't see any hostile actions at all from the cop. he was just taking precautions in case the biker made a move

lugalbanda

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
I can't imagine that this police officer won't get into to trouble over this. All he had to do, it seems to me, is to have identified himself first.

velozzity

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
You know the really stupid thing about this cop who pulled this stunt, a lot of people have concealed weapons permits in this country, and if some jackass cuts me off in an unmarked car and whips out a gun without identifying himself as law enforcement you better believe if i was packing heat he would be full of lead or very close to it at least. I would assume someone coming at me with a gun is trying to rob me, so to all the officers out there trying to prove something about how tough you are, realize you do live in the same country as we do....the Police here have gotten out of hand and are just a revenue machine and are in the same league as the IRS in my opinion.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]velozzity[/nom]You know the really stupid thing about this cop who pulled this stunt, a lot of people have concealed weapons permits in this country, and if some jackass cuts me off in an unmarked car and whips out a gun without identifying himself as law enforcement you better believe if i was packing heat he would be full of lead or very close to it at least. I would assume someone coming at me with a gun is trying to rob me, so to all the officers out there trying to prove something about how tough you are, realize you do live in the same country as we do....the Police here have gotten out of hand and are just a revenue machine and are in the same league as the IRS in my opinion.[/citation]
you're all talk you wouldn't do this esp if it was a cop. they'd fry your ass so fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS