Man Faces Jail for YouTube Video of State Trooper

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
FACT: most cops are tool bag ex-high school football wanna be stars, uncle Rico "I'll throw this football over them mountains, illiterate ass clowns.

I have four acquaintances and one cousin who is a cop and they all fit the mold. While I commend them for bravery when **** does happen I do not condone the Barney Fife 'ness that plagues the majority of their actions. And troopers,,, talk about jerks waiting to shoot somebody. I live in Denver and we had a trooper that was pulled over by a county Sheriff because the trooper was drunk while on patrol. lolz.

F the police.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]what protection? the guy was on a bike with both hands clearly visible on the bars. where in a pigs rule book does it state approach bikers with your hand gun drawn at all times?? these **** heads do 80mph+ going to and from the barracks. there's a difference between doing 80 with your lights on and doing 80 just to get back in time for your shift to end. which do you think is more dangerous to the general public, one biker doing 80 or dozens of HS drop outs with guns doing 80 because they believe the laws they are paid to enforce don't apply to them??P.S. no I don't do my job perfectly but then I have never willingly gone out of my way to endanger the lives of anyone else in doing my job like these **** heads do every day.[/citation]
the biker was excessively speeding the cop probably though he was a criminal or something

these **** heads do 80+ so they can respond to calls in a timely manner

ok so you're criticizing these cops for being HS drop outs? what's your job?

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]pale paladin[/nom]FACT: most cops are tool bag ex-high school football wanna be stars, uncle Rico "I'll throw this football over them mountains, illiterate ass clowns. I have four acquaintances and one cousin who is a cop and they all fit the mold. While I commend them for bravery when **** does happen I do not condone the Barney Fife 'ness that plagues the majority of their actions. And troopers,,, talk about jerks waiting to shoot somebody. I live in Denver and we had a trooper that was pulled over by a county Sheriff because the trooper was drunk while on patrol. lolz. F the police.[/citation]
did one of those jocks make fun of you in high school and this is your way of "getting back"

come on the police have a tough job to do. i'd like to see you do it since you're so overly critical

G

So he was speeding up and down the highway with a video cam running on his helmet. Seems like he might have provoked the reaction on purpose.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]i work in marketing and actually deal with these **** heads all the time for my job. they don't do 80 so they can respond to anything in a timely manner, they do it because they believe they are allowed to speed. I know I ask them. I've also worked with a girl who's brother was killed by one of these **** heads who decided to run a red light in an unmarked card with no lights on. All her brother did wrong was be at the wrong intersection at the wrong time, but I guess according to you he could have been a criminal also....[/citation]
there are thousands of cops around the country just cause one is a doesn't mean the all are

i dont' know how anyone could hate the cops unless they're a criminal. the reason why you can walk out the door of your mansion safely at night is because of the cops. the things people take for granted.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]So he was speeding up and down the highway with a video cam running on his helmet. Seems like he might have provoked the reaction on purpose.[/citation]

While I did wrestle in high school I never identified myself as a jock so no.. not a vengeful cheap shot aimed at childhood enemies. My strong feelings toward this social segment is because I have "jock" friends who still cannot wake up and figure their **** out. So what do they do with all of that pent up 25-35yr old aggression? They join the academy and become troopers.
I actually feel sad for people who have nothing better to talk about then collegiate sports they played 20 yrs ago and parties they don't remember. Those are the people who are protecting and serving. don't kid yourself.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]im more afraid of the cops then i am of the criminals. at least the criminals know its illegal to carry a gun and try to rob me, the cops think its their right![/citation]
again, if that cop wasn't ready to respond to hostile acts, then he'd be dead on the job very fast

gang members and stop and ask you to turn off your bike

blbec

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
The cop was an idiot. No sirens (at least visible, there aren't any audible either but that might just be the recording), no badge, no uniform. In his place I would have interpreted it as a car jacking and one of us would have ended up dead. He didn't even pull him off to the side, just blocked him in on the road.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]So what's the difference between this and local news media? Freedom of the Press... can he not claim he was a freelance journalist?I think all parties are guilty. The state trooper for acting the way he did and the biker for driving through traffic like a "controlled" maniac.Fine everyone and call it a day.[/citation]
It's not even a matter of "claiming" to be a member of the media. Video taping in public is perfectly legal - that's why you don't have to have a press pass or legal document to film in public. Glad to see this get tossed out. This guy has grounds for a law suit for spending time in jail with out just cause or for properly being told his rights.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]blbec[/nom]The cop was an idiot. No sirens (at least visible, there aren't any audible either but that might just be the recording), no badge, no uniform. In his place I would have interpreted it as a car jacking and one of us would have ended up dead. He didn't even pull him off to the side, just blocked him in on the road.[/citation]
man so many e-thugs here
i don't think any of you would pull a gun and shoot a cop

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Ive been pulled over a lot in my life but I've never had a cop of any kind jump out of his car with a gun. Biker gets a big speeding ticket... Cop gets fired.. Biker sues for the BS that they did to him (jail, searchs) and gets million in his pocket.. case over.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
He should have pulled a gun on the cop and shot it. That would qualify as legitimate defense. Just say to the judge that you thought the guy was trying to carjack your bike...

thorimmortal

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I am still at a loss how speeding is a threat that dictates drawing your weapon, was he running? nope just speeding, why was an unmarked parked where he was? was he waiting for the biker? maybe this is a regular occurrence and other videos have been posted, maybe he had run in the past, who knows, if this were the case im sure they would have implemented different tactics to trap him. even still with out proper ID of who you are and what your doing just makes you a man with a gun. there is something about the thrill of the hunt that escalates these situations, the ability to control your primal instinct comes into play and some cant control them selves as well as others.
you could see when he jumped out of the car he was drawing and kind of second guessed his own actions after going to low ready by placing his gun to a concealed position. He realized he f'ed up by not disclosing who he was right off the bat and then leaving himself in compromising position to every one else near by. it looked like at the end there was a cruiser behind the biker, think of the situation to the surrounding onlookers, looks like a threat to me. just for reference this reminds me of another article. http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0515/guilty-verdict-ohio-cop-shot-unarmed-motorcyclist/

weepee

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
so nobody likes to point out that the officer never once pointed the gun at the biker? he only drew his gun to bring the bike to a stop, once communication started he put it away.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
127 MPH on the freeway, he deserved exactly what he got. Don't drive wreckless and the police won't bother you, drive 127 and what ya going to do when they come for U, bad boy, bad boy whatcha going do??????

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
He should have pulled a gun on the cop and shot it. That would qualify as legitimate defense. Just say to the judge that you thought the guy was trying to carjack your bike...

You truely are a complete MORON..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS