Man in Apple Store Pulls Handgun on iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
wow. It's people like that that give a bad name to everything. Now anti-gun people will be up in arms about how this is what happens when you let people carry. And now Apple will be up in arms decreeing that the phone must have been stolen because no apple owner would ever pull a gun on a product devised by god jobs. It's against the 11th commandment for pete sake.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
as far as battery life goes.... disable email fetching. my first few days of ownership, my battery was not lasting a day without a charge.

Now though, I usually only charge every 3-4 days and that is with lots of email checking and moderate itunes usage.

NOW... the guy didn't actually pull out the gun.... he just threatened to. I wonder if he just got his concealed license and was feeling cocky..> And felons can't own guns? but idiots like this guy can? lol

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Next...the Police is going to charge him with carrying a grenade and an additional count of aggravated menacing using an iGrenade.

esupan

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I know its not following the rules to a tee but it would seem to me that if the police were called on your for having a concealed weapon you wouldn't think you would need to tell them you had a concealed weapon.

I'm not condoning what this man did it just seems pretty silly to add that on there.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
The 2nd charge seems bogus, but the dude really shouldn't toy with guns. Having a gun bears responsibility, and he abused it when displaying it.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Not the type of person I want to have a concealed carry permit. Sounds like he's just compensating for something.

jjl

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Its jacka553s like this that give responsible CCW holders a bad name. He needs his permit revoked and maybe some anger management counsleing.

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Personally, I believe that taking the action to open your coat and draw another persons attention your gun is no different than pulling it out and waving it in front of someone nose to get their attention with it.

Depending on the state, just saying I have a gun and I'll use it may involve a minimum amount of jail time due to provisions for using a gun in the course of a crime.

On the other issue, I really do not understand the battery complaints for the iPhone. I've never owned one but I do use a Samsung Omnia as my personal phone and have had a couple other smartphone for work, Blackberry Storm and an LG model, and not one of them has ever lasted the whole day on one charge if you are actually using the phone to do allot of email, surf the web etc. Just making a few calls of 15 minutes or less and having push email or 10min email auto-check running and viewing/replying to emails as they arrive saps the batteries on all these phones to the point of needing to have a car charger, USB cable to charge from laptop and extra ac chargers (home and office) for normal business use.

Forget actually trying to do things like watch a movie which will zap a battery from full charge by the time one 2 hr movie plays.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]So he had a 9mm and an iPhonehmm...Guns AND explosives[/citation]

Damn, you beat me to it...but like people usually do (and in spite of the fact that it usually annoys me when others run a joke into the ground), I'm going to say practically the same joke, because its apple, and I can't resist.

Lady at store: "No! Don't shoot it! It'll splode!"

Status
Not open for further replies.