Man Installs Smartphone Dock in His Prosthetic Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
I've got to HAND it to this guy for his perseverance and a THUMBS up to NOKIA....If APPLE had said yes this prototype would have cost an ARM and a LEG and would have been named the ONE ARMED BANDIT.

No real LIMBS were severed in the making of this post....I'm probly goin to hell

marshcorps

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Apple declined cause they wanted someone else to do it first so they can "invent" it. Wait a month or two and "Apple invents new ... TOTAL NEW ... smart dock prosthetics. Meet the iArm"

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't he put a mechanical hand on it, and give it basic commands to follow, like hold this glass, hole this can, hold this stick, and such, through the phone interface? would be interesting to see how this develops.

[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]I've got to HAND it to this guy for his perseverance and a THUMBS up to NOKIA....If APPLE had said yes this prototype would have cost an ARM and a LEG and would have been named the ONE ARMED BANDIT.No real LIMBS were severed in the making of this post....I'm probly goin to hell[/citation]

ill see you there as ill be going for different reasons.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]scar89[/nom]I wonder if he pirates music on that? ^.^[/citation]
that is the very first thing i would do, pirate all the music and video i can, than dress up as a pirate and show everyone my treasure i plunderer from the high seas of the internet.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
A one ARMED man goes to Apple and says, I need your help with a prototype.

Apple says, It will coat you an ARM and a LEG.

One ARMED man says, at that price you only leave me with one LEG to stand on.

I was going to hell anyway because of my previous post

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Heh, some of these comments had me laughing! This guy's pretty clever, he's got a good idea there. I'm amazed at the simple things that no one's thought of before now... why didn't anyone say long ago... hey... maybe I should take this dremel tool to my prosthetic and carve out a spot for my cell phone! Kudos to this dude!

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]A one ARMED man goes to Apple and says, I need your help with a prototype.Apple says, It will cost you an ARM and a LEG.One ARMED man says, at that price you only leave me with one LEG to stand on.I was going to hell anyway because of my previous post[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.