Man Jailed for Killing Wife with TV Remote

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Sythix[/nom]Jane you need to stop posting random crap on here. Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you should. Your like the source of random non-related crap on tom's stop it.[/citation]

I could understand your frustration if they were all I ever posted but they're not. Posts like this make up an average of 14% of the content I post. As far as I'm concerned it's a small enough percentage that I don't need to feel bad about posting "random crap" as you so eloquently put it.

As a side note, I'd like to point out that it's two days before Christmas – there's little else happening at the moment. Finding interesting stuff worth posting is always difficult this time of year, especially when you consider we post anywhere from 20-25 articles per day.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I really wish they would stop publishing shit like this, I know it's technical (technically) because a piece of electronics is involved but I simply get mad at shit like this and it seems to be a common theme lately for toms.

metalfellow

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]littlec[/nom]I really wish they would stop publishing shit like this, I know it's technical (technically) because a piece of electronics is involved but I simply get mad at shit like this and it seems to be a common theme lately for toms.[/citation]

As Jane said, coming up Christmas things are a bit slow.
Aside from: Hurry up and spend your money (or borrow some you don't have) so we make a profit this year. It shows how much you care for your loved ones!

G

In reply to indigoataxia, thats exactly what manslaughter is!!
Its killing someone without intent....
I think any Judge/jury would have seen throwing a remote at someone as NOT intent to kill them with...

Just think, he won the anti-lottery.... bad luck, i suppose. That's the law.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I could understand your frustration if they were all I ever posted but they're not. Posts like this make up an average of 14% of the content I post. As far as I'm concerned it's a small enough percentage that I don't need to feel bad about posting "random crap" as you so eloquently put it.As a side note, I'd like to point out that it's two days before Christmas – there's little else happening at the moment. Finding interesting stuff worth posting is always difficult this time of year, especially when you consider we post anywhere from 20-25 articles per day.[/citation]
Some people will complain about anything. Don't even acknowledge them. No one forced him to read it, and his life isn't any worse learning about something interesting in the news. "OMG, I just read an interesting story for 30 seconds! Wah!"

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
idiot should be shot on the spot, who care is she had a disease, she did not have to die because of a stupid argument. only 3 years? why was he not charged on possession of illegal drugs?

G

Don't mind the negativity Jane, I like the article and appreciate that you posted it. It's nice to read about stuff other than just tech, even if it is a tech site.

Merry Christmas!

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]Because it's a new account that hasn't been activated yet. Basically, he's a visitor.[/citation]

Yeah, and why do they hide the comments that get negative ratings? sometimes these are the funniest ones!

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I could understand your frustration if they were all I ever posted but they're not. Posts like this make up an average of 14% of the content I post. As far as I'm concerned it's a small enough percentage that I don't need to feel bad about posting "random crap" as you so eloquently put it.As a side note, I'd like to point out that it's two days before Christmas – there's little else happening at the moment. Finding interesting stuff worth posting is always difficult this time of year, especially when you consider we post anywhere from 20-25 articles per day.[/citation]

It's not that big of a deal really, and they're entertaining at least =)

counterpart

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Posts like this make up an average of 14% of the content I post. As far as I'm concerned it's a small enough percentage that I don't need to feel bad about posting "random crap" as you so eloquently put it.[/citation]

While I don't have anything against this article in particular, I must say in a more general sense I'm with Sythix on this one. Of course everyone has a choice on what to click on/read and what not. But this is a very specific website and people come here for a very specific purpose. Limiting the site content to technology-related articles just keeps the site clean of clutter. And if it's a slow news day - so be it. It's a matter of editorial integrity. Balloon-kid anyone? ;-)

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Onyx2291[/nom]For some reason I thought he pointed it at her and pressed the power button.[/citation]
Nah trust me I've already tried that, especially the mute button.

Status
Not open for further replies.