Man Tried to Rob Restaurant With iPhone (Fails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Isn't the title slightly misleading?

If he were carrying any other phone this wouldn't even be in the news.
I know this comment is kinda like beating a dead horse lately, but it just had to be said. And besides, he might as well have stolen that iPhone too.

Nesto1000

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Well what do you expect? He's an iphone user.

If he needed money that bad, he could have sold his iphone. Especially since it was for his baby.
Idiots these days...

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]vittau[/nom]Isn't the title slightly misleading?If he were carrying any other phone this wouldn't even be in the news.I know this comment is kinda like beating a dead horse lately, but it just had to be said. And besides, he might as well have stolen that iPhone too.[/citation]

C'mon' Tom's has to start a flame war somehow... Can we have some news please... The FOX news network of the computer world...

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Im sorry im generally somewhat accepting of useless apple articles that would not have been in the news if it was another brand, but this is SERIOUSLY PATHETIC! The man doesn't even USE the iPhone to rob the restaurant, he just happens to have it on his person... :pfff:

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]C'mon' Tom's has to start a flame war somehow... Can we have some news please... The FOX news network of the computer world...[/citation]
Ohhhh. Tom's, you gonna take that? That's a pretty bad burn, being compared to Fox News.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]speedemon[/nom]being "first" here doesnt matter, grow up[/citation]

That is why you should just ignore him rather than say anything at all. =)

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]bhaberle[/nom]That is why you should just ignore him rather than say anything at all. =)[/citation]
Actually scratch that... he did that in multiple posts.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]GoldenI[/nom]He needs money for his child but yet he can afford an iPhone... the mentality of some people, eh?[/citation]

You must meet your basic needs first before you can meet other needs. Obviously, the iPhone is more important than the kid

What would you rather do, spent that $100+ a month to keep your iphone running, or spend it on your kid instead?

that man was simply doing what any logical- sane family would. Buy an expensive phone then rob someone when the expensive phone breaks the bank.

psymonjoseph

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
..to be devil's advocate: it is disheartening that no one here, thus far (and rarely, if ever in these wonderful comments), considered (at least in written response) the possibility that the man perhaps had employment when purchasing said iphone, and that perhaps we was replaced by (fill in the blank - could be immigrant worker, could of been some sort of automation; perhaps the business he worked for downsized, etc)...of course, he could of been fired for smoking crack - who knows for sure, as it certainly wasn't printed here....of course, this is pure speculation, and perhaps it is more fun to make a jest at one's misfortune (and obviously stupid decisions) - but a couple of things are evident: he presumably used the iphone IN HIS POCKET as a gun, and is not stated whether said iphone was active (an iphone could still be used for phone purposes, off network, via wifi and skype, google voice, etc..)...I realize commenting here is all in good fun, but ignorance and presumptuousness sadly shows a shallow character....just sayin....:D - Happy New Year to all!

Grove

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
So if I try to rob a restaurant with just my pants on, does that mean I tried robbing them with pants? What about if I have my wallet in my pocket while I try to rob the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.