Man Tried to Sell His Son on Craigslist for $5,000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]korel31[/nom]but does he play Crysis?[/citation]

No, but I'm pretty sure that the seller of the child will definitely spend half the money on a gaming rig and play crisis.

rajaton

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Umm you guys are talking about selling his kid...where does it say that he's selling his kid? It says that he wouldn't deal with people who wanted to pay...

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You misread rajaton. He said he wouldn't deal with just anybody willing to pay.

A lot of people are making this guy seem unreasonable. Yet, don't know him only know of this. If this guy truly can't support his kid, but wants to actually find fit parents. I see nothing wrong with this. As it's probably better then sending his kid into foster homes anyways. Not to mention asking for 5 grand may seem greedy as hell, but it could also be an easy way of seeing if the people have enough financial wealth to take care of his kid better then what he could do.

Now of course if he is in it strictly for the money then he deserves more then jail time, but we don't know him well enough to make that decision from a little article.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
If he is looking to give his son a better life money in his pocket shouldn't factor in! There are other factors here if his parents have stopped talking to him even after the mother was out of the picture!

adipose

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
People pay parents all the time to adopt their kids. It's not even illegal. They do it by paying for the hospital bills, etc. when a pregnant mother doesn't want her child but wants to give birth. Frequently, there is a side payment as well...

Please explain how this is different. Is it because the child has already been born? Or because there are no medical bills to pay?

If was not just another joke...

While I agree that a craigslist ad wasn't the brightest idea and that the foster child programs are a joke... This might just work out for the child. Desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures. Who is to say that his wife didn't rack up 100k in credit card debt in his name and then leave? Things are not always in black and white.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Judguh[/nom]I doubt that it was a joke, but its just wrong either way to post anything like this. Humans aren't commodities to buy and sell.[/citation]

Throughout history, up until today and the forseeable future, there's proof that contradict what you're saying. Humans are traded and sold each day.

It is illegal in many places, I also don't agree with the practice, but it seems to prove that humans are commodities to a portion of the population.

G

The Republicans should love this. This is freedom. The government should stay out of our lives.

rodney_ws

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
[citation][nom]kikireeki[/nom]If he loves his son cannot afford to keep him (as he claimed) why would he ask for money in return?[/citation]
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

G

omg! that is sad if he wanted to get the boy a good home he sould do it the rite way he sounds mess up in the head he should be look at anyone think that he might being selling because he sell kids or on drugs or mentally crazy what rite person in their mind would do that. i think he need help not with money but mental wow! if he reads this i hope u stop!dumb

G

Why trying to sell the boy for 5K when you can get a hell lot more selling parts like kidney, heart, skin etc. Human is such a recyclable junk!

Status
Not open for further replies.