Manual proxy settings getting turned ON again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur_9

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Hello people, I am facing issues from a month in my system. It currently operating on windows 10. Under network and internet services the proxy server is getting turned on again and again on its own. The proxy server which it is using is http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080. Due to this I am not able to open many websites. I need to go to the settings in every 5 mins and disable it and then only I am able to open websites. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

Proxy server settings that continually override the system settings is normally attributed to a system virus. You should perform a virus scan on your system, ensuring your antivirus software has the latest signatures installed.
You could just have answered the question. I suspect a port in your own home network being the cause of your problem. Some hackers take control over such devices to use them as bots in DDOS attacks.

Just go into Control Panel>Internet Options>Connetions tab>LAN button and untick the Proxy box.

Ankur_9

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Ankur_9

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Sorry sir, first of all I have windows 10 so there is no control panel. :) The workaround which you have suggested, I am already doing that in every 5 minutes. The thing is proxy server checkbox is getting checked automatically in every 5 minutes, I dont want to go to setup in every 5 mins to do so.

If you right click your start square, Control Panel shows up in the right hand column as it always has. Early versions of Windows 10 made it harder to find but in the end, common sense prevailed and they brought it back, albeit a little difficult to find.

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

Proxy server settings that continually override the system settings is normally attributed to a system virus. You should perform a virus scan on your system, ensuring your antivirus software has the latest signatures installed.

Solution

Wesmacc

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014

Nothing to do with a virus or an attack. It's really bad source code in Windows and especially in software that says it is w10 compatible. I believe I have chased this down in my case to Sphinx W10 Firewall, although I'm not letting malware Bytes or W10 off the hook either but it does turn back on 3 or 4 times a day.

Of course Windows 10 has a Contrl Panel. They hid it in early versions but letterly, if you right click the Windows start square, it's in the menu where it's been for years.

You can also press the Windows key annd R together and type
control
into the Run box and press enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.