Mass Effect 3 Drama to be Cleared with "Extended Cut" DLC

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]You know, that is actually a great idea for ME4, 5 and 6. We take control of a new commander, this time to FIGHT the now evil indoctrinated Shepherd and finally defeat the Reapers once and for all! I should send that to EA.[/citation]

they are probably way ahead of you, and are planning 4 to be an mmo, 5 to be an expansion and 6 to be an expansion, than realizing they have a cash cow, 7 and 8 will be expansions but not very well done.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]I fail to see why Shepherd's indoctrination would involve those three cutscenes. Why would the Reapers show Shepherd that? Why is the black indoctrination effect from the side of the screen not present in those scenes?If Shepherd is successfully indoctrinated (which he/she is for at least two of the choices), WHY on Earth would he/she be seen as a Legend??? Shepherd would be the most hated person in the Galaxy. Presumably after being indoctrinated, Shepherd will go on to reek untold havoc as the Reapers minion, just like Saren and The Illusive Man![/citation]

you should probably read up more about the indoc theory. those three choices represent something. basically, the reapers are trying to trick shepard into being fully indoctrinated. if you think about it, only one choice involves destroying the reapers. the other two ends up with shepard merging with the reapers.

nitrium

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
you should probably read up more about the indoc theory. those three choices represent something.
You know, seriously, I'm VERY well read up on The Indoctrination Theory. And it doesn't explain the final three cutscenes. Yes, I know they are all in Shepherd's mind. But the Indoctrination Theory DOESN'T explain why! Why those cutscenes? Why is the Normandy crash landing useful for the Reapers to show? Why would the Reapers want to channel the Mass Effect relays exploding into Shepherd's mind (something that doesn't actually happen, according to The Theory). Why embed the old man and child? What possible use are these for the indoctrination process? To make Shepherd "happy"? Why is making Shepherd happy important to complete the indoctrination? Why is Shepherd still shown those three scenes by the Reapers even when Destroying the Reapers option is taken, which presumably breaks the indoctrination process at that point? It isn't explained at all.

Everytime I see the EA logo I just want to punch the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.