Mass Effect Gets Picked Up For Hollywood Movie

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
The story was interesting not great but certainly not a shitty game to base a movie off of. Just have to hope they don't fudge things up too much.

G

"Really?"

Absolute. Doom may not topping a lot of people's must-see lists but as far as video game adoption is concerned it's doing very well.

Contrary to graphic novel adoptions computer games don't make it very good on the big screen as a general rule.

Thus I stand by my opinion, if ME does at least as well as Doom I'm certainly going to shell out for the movie ticket and hardcopy.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I sure that, even tho the games have a very good, movie-worthy plot as it is, so many thing will get changed that it will let down fans of the series and only end up appealing to ppl who have never heard the name Mass Effect before. cause i'm having a hard time thinking of a good game turned movie... Resident Evil was probably the least shitty, but nothing like the games still.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]sstym[/nom]If that means no Uwe Boll, that's certainly encouraging.[/citation]

Please don't let Uwe Boll take this project !!

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]Both good games, there is allot of story there. I just hope Hollywood does not screw it up like they did Doom and change the story line to what they see as politically correct. Remember Doom the scientists opened a portal to Hell itself but the movie hacks did not like that so they said it was a a virus.[/citation]
Agreed. The games had an interesting premise, and they could have done so much better. But they completely screwed it up.

andyman30

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
This one will predictably fail as they all do.

Video games by and large have dull plots. The fun is that you get to play it. A movie of this will result in little more than a video walkthough.

If you make a movie out of ME, it will be obvious that it's just Bablyon 5 (Citadel, alien politics) meets BSG (bad robots). And in the movie there won't be exploring the world, making decisions, upgrading you character or choosing your party. Swell!

because prince of persia just came out as a hollywood blockbuster?
maybe you should be more informed before you attempt to troll something you obviously know nothing about

rpenri

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Commander Shepard should be played by a dude. Sorry, but the first human Spectre CANNOT be a woman! I'm all for equal rights and crap...but a woman being the first Spectre would be as likely as the first human on the moon being a woman. Heck, have any women even landed on the moon? No.

Male lead actors in sci-fi/action flicks tend to do better than female leads in similar roles...the rare exceptions would probably be Sigourney Weaver in Alien and Linda Hamilton in Terminator.

Anyways, the best actor right now to play Shepard would have to be Andy Whitfield from Spartacus: Blood & Sand. Not only does he resemble the Shepard from the game, but he's pretty buff and can totally kick ass too (as evidenced by him playing a gladiator that's the Champion of Capua).

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]rpenri[/nom]Commander Shepard should be played by a dude. Sorry, but the first human Spectre CANNOT be a woman! I'm all for equal rights and crap...but a woman being the first Spectre would be as likely as the first human on the moon being a woman. Heck, have any women even landed on the moon? No.Male lead actors in sci-fi/action flicks tend to do better than female leads in similar roles...the rare exceptions would probably be Sigourney Weaver in Alien and Linda Hamilton in Terminator.Anyways, the best actor right now to play Shepard would have to be Andy Whitfield from Spartacus: Blood & Sand. Not only does he resemble the Shepard from the game, but he's pretty buff and can totally kick ass too (as evidenced by him playing a gladiator that's the Champion of Capua).[/citation]
Well...despite being a BIT sexist, I agree with most of what you said...espcially the bit about Andy Whitfield...I hadn't thought of him, but now that I think about it, he'd be a great fit for Shepard...

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]whatspeakyou[/nom]Explain to me why anyone here didn't mention Mark Vanderloo as playing Commander Shepard. He's the damn character model anyways.[/citation]
Because he's a damned model...no acting experience whatsoever...not even VOICE acting experience...so unless you want Shepard to have the personality of a Geth...

Status
Not open for further replies.