Mass Effect: Infiltrator Finally Making its Way to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I purchased the game for my Galaxy Nexus, seems to run pretty well and the game is fun. Now what I would like them to do is allow it to be downloaded to my ASUS Transformer Prime, currently it shows the device is not supported. Many of these shooters would be more interesting on a larger screen format, right now I will be stuck playing on my 4.65" screen. I will be writing up a quick review of the game for Android on my blog later tonight if anyone is interested.

http://www.everygamer.com/

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
In playing mass effect 3 and being the worst person possible and doing my best to make sure that everyone will be as unprepared as possible to go to war, the ending was still the same.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I did the same thing, from what I have read if you only play Mass Effect 3 single player you cannot unlock the alternate endings, you just get the 2 options (control/destroy). The other alternate endings are only available if you gain extra points by playing multi-player or the mobile games (Mass Effect:Infiltrator or Mass Effect: Datapad). Unfortunately I had not played any multi-player and both of the mobile games were only available at the time for iOS (I have an Android phone) so I didn't have the extra points when I got to the end of the game.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Spoiler alert: (not really anymore)

I played all 3 games and had full war assets from playing PC multiplayer, and the ending still was one of the worst if not the absolute worst I have ever seen in a video game!!!

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Yes the Ending is really bad and the 4 choices you will get are all not cool.They had such a great series with such a cool science fiction Universe and they had to botch it by that bad ending.
And many of us do not want a smart phone so they make these games which you have to play via smart phone and that is how you get extra points !!!!
If on a PC with "Dumb Phone" you can just "Mod" your coalesced.bin file and as you go thru the game you can make your score go up more to get those Endings.
Thanks a lot from many of us for your bad ending and your making us PC Dumb Phone Users Cheat.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]everygamer[/nom]I did the same thing, from what I have read if you only play Mass Effect 3 single player you cannot unlock the alternate endings, you just get the 2 options (control/destroy). The other alternate endings are only available if you gain extra points by playing multi-player or the mobile games (Mass Effect:Infiltrator or Mass Effect: Datapad). Unfortunately I had not played any multi-player and both of the mobile games were only available at the time for iOS (I have an Android phone) so I didn't have the extra points when I got to the end of the game. http://www.everygamer.com/[/citation]
You can get all three endings even without extra points from Datapad or Infiltrator. But with those extra points you get extra 2-3 seconds of cinematic which imply that Shepard may still be alive no matter which ending you choose.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
It's no spoiler anymore. Fully ready to go you still get a Deus Ex Machina choice of Red, Green, or Blue space magic sprinkled over glaring plot holes. But fear not. Casey Hudson has his team hard at work on free DLC that will eventually explain why these choices are so awesome and also patch up those plot holes (like a bondo job on a new car). Bothered they're not scubbing the ending but, whatever. Just robbed so many of their joy in Mass Effect.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]In playing mass effect 3 and being the worst person possible and doing my best to make sure that everyone will be as unprepared as possible to go to war, the ending was still the same.[/citation]
Yep. There is a reason why people are so annoyed with the ending.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]In playing mass effect 3 and being the worst person possible and doing my best to make sure that everyone will be as unprepared as possible to go to war, the ending was still the same.[/citation]

With very low EMS, every living being on Earth dies, so it's a bit different. But yeah, I get your point.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
[citation][nom]shloader[/nom]Bothered they're not scubbing the ending but, whatever. Just robbed so many of their joy in Mass Effect.[/citation]

I have not lost the joy of playing the games, I would say that 100+ hours of fun over the three games was not wasted with the poor endings, but I will agree that it has tainted the experience. I think the worst part is not really the endings themselves but that Bioware, the creator of the best story driven RPG's in the last 15 years couldn't pull off more diverse endings. Ending's with consequence related to the players paragon/renegade path to the end.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Well if you read everything Casey Hudson posted and said in interviews you'd think we were going to get wildly different, impactful, meaningful endings. That's not exactly what we got... not even anywhere near that mark. Red, Green, or Blue. You can possibly survive the red choice if you commit a small act of genocide. So maybe it didn't completely kill my interest in the game, but I'm about as interested in a three game run as I am in replaying Duke Nukem Forever. In my second all-for-achievements playthrough rather than finish the game I just kept shooting the star child with my unlimited ammo pistol. Musta been my Spectre Gear X with two Frictionless Materials IX mods I haven't seen since ME1.

Status
Not open for further replies.