Mass Effect Movie Will Have a New Storyline

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

About having a non-human as possible protagonist: Hollywood has already the hardest of time figuring that you can use someone that isn't a straight white man for a lead and still have a decent movie.... so I think we are yet a far cry from them going with an alien. :/

Well, whatever happens, if Daft Punk does the soundtrack, I'll have some very neat music to listen to (which can always help to console myself from the potential fact that the movie industry will have butchered one of Bioware's masterpieces).

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Well of course, completely ignore the story that made the game so exciting to play. That sounds very Hollywood, I hope BioWare has a tight leash on Legendary. I really don't want them to ruin one of my favorite games with a sub-par movie storyline.

mm6502

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
With enough money and the right people involved, this could be "star wars" of a new century. The ME universe is rich and big enough. Or think of first "choose gender of the hero" movie... ME is certainly appealing material for movie.

G

How about a story-line based on the first contact war with the turians??

G

you all know the movie will be in anime right? As to earlier statements about how Shepard shouldn't be in the story or around Shepard's story because of how the game is an rpg with different outcomes is totally stupid. Besides all the outcomes, Mass Effect still has a common item: The Reapers. Which btw have been cut out from all comments. They are also a big factor in the M.E. universe. So there they should have Shepard and the reapers while following the story. If you feel weird about the move because of that, Do not watch it then. Mass Effect has 1 goal with hundreds of little options of completing the goal. Also if you didn't follow the main story, you would probably end up with another planet of the apes tragedy. I do how ever believe they could come up with a Mass Effect: (new tittle/episode) kind of thing instead of Mass Effect The movie.

G

as long as shepard's team is still there (at least me1 team) i should be good. can't have mass effect without the team

G

I hear people talking about how they hate movies based on video games because they make it nothing like the game. Here's the thing, they won't make them like the game because we all know how the game ends. They will create something new and exciting in the Mass Effect universe. Let's run through games that followed directly through movie story lines: All of the Star Wars episode games. Long story short, they sucked because we know the movie. Same goes for the opposite direction. We know the game so why watch the same thing we played? Why not experience something entirely new? Personally, I would love to see a Mass Effect movie that told the story of the discovery of the mass relays and the first contact war as the original Mass Effect movie was supposed to be about. That would be an epic back story to experience. I happened to love all of the Resident Evil movies and they hinted at scenarios throughout the games. They had a great story and they did a great job. So, if you think this will suck, by all means stay home. I will be at the theater enjoying another installment of the universe that is beginning to rival the Star Wars universe.

G

Daft Punk? No. They should have Jack Wall do the music. Part of the ME world is the music.

Also (I may be ignorant here), but couldn't the movie be AFTER ME3 takes place? I don't know if Shepard survives ME3, but if he does, the movie could take place after it. Shepard could take on a whole new threat to the Alliance, or whoever he's working with at the end of 3. Seems feasible to me. They could expand the ME universe in the movie and remain true (in reference) to the story of the games.

G

I can't wait for this movie to come out. Like others have said this has potential to be the next star wars. The ME universe is huge. I'm still worried about when (or if) it will actually happen. I've read multiple places that its coming out in 2012 but The legendary pictures wikipedia page already has "in production" films listed to 2013, and Mass effect is only listed as "in development" with the date still TBD.

I definitely think they should start in the same time frame (+/- a few years) as the games. Hopefully if they do it right and make it successful then they could set it up for a trilogy of trilogies. First 3 taking place in same to similar timeline as games, Then a prequel trilogy could go back to the time of the protheans and show their demise, and the final trilogy should take place in the far to extremely far future (5k - 50k years)

But most of all, I can't stand when they have bad planning and storylines or themes contradict one another. Then they go back and change stuff or make up something completely unbelievable to cover their a$$es. So if they do end up using a new storyline (but still with shepard) I'd have to say i think it should be right before or right after the events of the game and written in such a way that it smoothly and naturally flows into/from the game series.

G

how could you call it a mass effect movie if it isn't even the same story, it may as welol just be another sci fi and of course they had to be typical and make Shepard male! Some moronic Juggernaut looking male actor with a big blocky head is going to play the highly intelligent, sexy, bad ass Shepard I've come to know and love. I'm sick of leading males in hero movies like this. They're all the same idea but with some different scenery. Screw this movie this looks like its going to be as bad as what they did to Avatar, oh i mean the last airbender.

G

i am sorry but the female version of shepard was god awfull the male shep actually brought to life the charismatic or threatining conversations than the fem did and the fem shepard was not at all funny and they tried to hard to make the fem shepard sound like a lesbian and made her sound to hardcore and deepening voice fem shep was an utter failure now that being said i am a guy so of course i played through the role of the male shep first and then tried the fem shep and i personally was not impressed but its my opinion try them both doing shepards story is hit and misss i do agree as much as i want to see shepard it would not be very easy as stated above shepard was a personall experience one that bioware nailed but a movie stusio could not mass effect allthe way the best game to date

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
They should have done the First Contact Wars. Could have done the first half detailing the timeline from man first finding the Prothean station on Mars up until reactivating the Charon relay. Then the 2nd half of the movie could be humans mixing it up with the Turians.

Status
Not open for further replies.