News Massive Verizon outage — live updates and what to do with iPhone in SOS

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 30, 2024
This is happening on Android devices as well. It is just inconsistent as my fiancee and I both have Pixel 7 Pro phones on Verizon, and she has service while I don't. She doesn't have 5G.
It was very random from reading comments on social media and elsewhere. A bunch of different phone models and locations plus like your example people in the same space with one having service and another not. My service came back between 4-5pm EST. It took some time for messages to come through though. I'm just south of Pittsburgh, PA. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Oct 2, 2024
This isn’t a new thing. I’ve been having this issue since the beginning of SEPTEMBER! I’ve had an open ticket with Verizon since 9/15/24. Actually my “ticket” was made the “master ticket” in a “mission critical” issue. However, they’ve tried to close my ticket twice saying it was resolved. It has NOT been resolved. I still do not have a network within my home. I’ve lived here for 9 years and not had issues until the beginning of September. I get no answers and the COMPLETE run around. At over $200+/mth, I should at least get what I’m paying for. And I’m not. This is a WAY bigger issue than they are letting on. Unless I have WiFi calling on (that they have to activate) I cannot make or receive calls. Limited ability to access the internet. I have SOS mode, a weird satellite icon or nothing at all. Only works on WiFi half the time.