Matte is In: Xbox 360 to Lose its Glossy Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I'm sure they will think of a way to make money on it. "Tired of boring matte? Get the new XBox Glossy Edition for only $49.99 more."

Or if they wanted to keep glossy, they could have been like the Wii and have a glossy white finish that doesn't show fingerprints.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Why is anything glossy anyway? Who wants to see fingerprints on their hardware?[/citation]
Could be useful to police if recovering stolen Xbox.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Glossy not only shows fingerprints well, but it doesn't like to have dust removed. I have a TV with a glossy frame, and wiping it with a microfiber cloth results in a buildup of dust wherever I lift the cloth. Wiping my matte Xbox 360 Elite (first black one - not the S model) will take all the dust right off. Glossy may look nice and shiny, but is a pain in the back side to take care of, even outside of just fingerprints.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Really, how long are they going to ride this train? How old is the crapbox now 7 years? My PC is light years ahead of it in games, 2560 x 1600 res, 6 cores at 4.2 ghz, 16gb ram, 2 x gtx 590s in sli I mean seriously...[/citation]

wow you must have been really surprised when you found out you're parents got that for you on xmas day :)

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Really, how long are they going to ride this train? How old is the crapbox now 7 years? My PC is light years ahead of it in games, 2560 x 1600 res, 6 cores at 4.2 ghz, 16gb ram, 2 x gtx 590s in sli I mean seriously...[/citation]
Hey look, someone has rich parents!
PCs will ALWAYS be light years ahead in terms of hardware, and everyone accepts that. I play both (specifically, I try to always get shooters and multiplayer games on PC, and others for console). This is not the place to come brag about how much money you can spend on a computer. And my 1440x900, Athlon 64 6000+, 4 GB ram, Radeon 4830 does just fine for gaming, thank you very much.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]wow you must have been really surprised when you found out you're parents got that for you on xmas day[/citation]
He couldn't have been that surprised... the box probably had "Dell" written on the side. Luckily for this website, his computer will probably break before he can comment again...

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Pain in the BUTT, come on people it isnt that hard to say. I'm all for political correctness, but there is nothing wrong with butts, we all have them (though some more than others), we all use them, and we all know how much it sucks when we have a pain in them.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I don't mind a glossy console, after all, when you place it down once, maybe clean it once, and you don't touch it much after that... except the drive button.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]wow you must have been really surprised when you found out you're parents got that for you on xmas day[/citation]
Good luck calling someone a child when you can't even differentiate your and you're properly.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]johnsmithhatesVLC[/nom]Good luck calling someone a child when you can't even differentiate your and you're properly.[/citation]
hurray for grammar trolls!

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]johnsmithhatesVLC[/nom]Good luck calling someone a child when you can't even differentiate your and you're properly.[/citation]

Maybe he found out he was both a mother and father?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]LOL maybe you heard of a little game coming in October made on the PC first called Battlefield 3...Gears 3 and Halo 4 really? ...Hows 7th grade this year going so far lol.[/citation]
gears and halo are very good franchises with unique multiplayer and good original stories. BF3 is the same as all the other battlefield games with better graphics and bigger explosions.

G

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]LOL maybe you heard of a little game coming in October made on the PC first called Battlefield 3...Gears 3 and Halo 4 really? ...Hows 7th grade this year going so far lol.[/citation]

Retaliating with childish comments like that really shows how you've grown and matured. Halo and Gears are great games, sure they're not the leading edge in 3D graphics, but they're fun. The consoles aren't made to bring cutting edge technology to the masses; consoles are made to bring computer gaming to a larger audience with affordibility and simplicity.

I stand on their side, don't brag about how much money you have to buy awesome gaming hardware, nobody asked, and it wasn't applicable; grow up.

captaincharisma

Distinguished

i was wondering when the no wit grammar police would be making an appearance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.