May i ask for your help with my situation about factory reset on the MSI GS70 6QE please? T.T

Travis Tran

Commendable
May 19, 2016
The story start from a week ago, my laptop just suddenly contained a nasty virus that made me go factory reset it. At that time i tried pressing F3 when machine boot up for jumping in the Troubleshoot menu. At that time in the troubleshoot menu didn't have the option "MSI Recovery Manager" then i had to choose "Reset this PC" option then "Remove everything" . However, thing didn't go so well, the laptop stopped the resetting progress at 19% and said that "There was error when resetting this PC". Then i reset the laptop but then it jump right in repair attempt but can't solve anything, just gave me some description about the SrtTrail.txt. At this point, I'm nervous that I have remove something important when trying to reset it in the first attempt. Fortunately, after this third time reset of the first recovery, i go to F3 menu again then go to Troubleshoot menu, the "MSI Recovery Manager" was there and it save my life. After that, when i have my factory OS back which is Windows 10 but not sure which version, then i updated my GS70 windows through windows update and it say it go to Windows 10 Home, everything is so bright at this moment.

But thing turned bad right after 2 days as i go through the same virus again, then i just did what i have to, and this time again, no "MSI Recovery Manager" at first time, so i had to choose like before and go through the same process, but the thing really get on my nerve until now is that i can't see any of the option "MSI Recovery Manager" in F3 Troubleshoot menu, no matter how many i reset and repair, it wouldn't come up, but i know it is there, as i check for lots of forum and also our, they said that as long as i still has the BIOS_RVY partition i still can recover my GS70 to the factory reset and I check for it and it is still there. I want to tried to run BIOS_RVY from "Command Prompt" but don't know how, I also read through the article talked about the recovery disc but i don't have it and i also try to find for its .iso over the internet but can't find any.

Please, I sincerely and desperately ask for your help guys!! I missed it a lot, just have owned it for half a year!! T.T

Travis Tran

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Sorry but how can you ordering a reset disk from MSI? I live in Aus and don't know how.

Travis Tran

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Thank you so much for your solution guys!! I sent an email to MSI for ordering the reset disk and summarize my situation for them yesterday, but i don't think they gonna work on weekends so just wait then.

Travis Tran

Commendable
May 19, 2016
And just a small question about my curiosity, if i decide to reinstall the windows by using my windows disk from deleting all the drive to change them into unallocated partitions then moving on with the process, installing all factory drivers, utilities. After that, I would use the recovery software (BurnRecovery) from MSI. Will it create the BIOS_RVY partition like before for the further usage and also create an option in F3 menu for recovery?